Revell 1/25 1960 corvette Skips Fiesta

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
The kit was given to me already been assembled but not painted, I have to give it a try since this is my first time to build a civilian car, I need to tear down as far as possible and make some corrections and a lot of fillers needed. since Photobucket is acting most of the pictures are unable to view

Here's the decade old box
CorBoxArt_zpsd6ac2aa9.jpg

The assembled kit that about to be disassembled.
Corfitting_zps67b77bc8.jpg

The interior that needs to be re-form
CorTub_zps6460b6a0.jpg

Troubled chassis
chassisnengine_zps7317ed13.jpg

Thanks for viewing

ER

Yes, Ken its on the blueboard forgot to post it here
Still need to find out how to separate the flooring
chassis and exhaust system the plastic is already
brittle, and my order for 1mm tubes havent arrive

here's the progress for the corvette, already remove the muffler, will be using #14 solid copper wire, still need a lot of hacking and slashing. also need to extend the chassis to the body

discussion only
BarrelExhaust.jpg

exhuastsurgery.jpg

still need some research on how close the chassis sticks to the body front and back and need to redo the wheel well on the front.
chassisgap.jpg

Cheers!!

Eastrock, this is alot of work but pretty much the way you have to do it. I've removed these molded in exhausts before and then patched the hole with styrene. This is hard to get clean and flush. But if you are filling the gaps with your own muffler and pipes, it should be a little easier and look nice and clean.

So you'll cut the front and rear chassis and fill in the gaps to extend it then?

Thanks for the comment Noname, but according to the links that TRM provided there is a gap between the rear end and the body, only the brackets holds to it, but still need to research on the front end if it does the same.

cheers!
ER

Update:

A fellow member lend me his tube cutter and rotary tool to make work easier, question is I have to decide if I leave the deformed rear part of the chassis and cover it with epoxy putty or completely replace the part with 2mm styrene bar?

exhaustsurgery1.jpg

comments are highly appreciated

ER

Latest posts

Back