Resin Tie Interceptor

punkpigpen

Just finished this a couple of days ago...Its a resin Tie Interceptor by Alfred Wong. Its not studio scale more like 1/32 i think?? The casting mold mustve been on its final leg when mine was done as some details such as the front two blasters had to be scratch built with some stacked brass tubing as there were vaguely anything there anymore and the cooling panels on the wings have lost some fine detail as well. I didnt notice it till the primer went on. anyways i made best with what i had and here she is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cool!!!! The Interceptor is my favourite of the TIE designs. I'll have to consider building one of these now that I see this.

the body was in 2 sections already hallowed. theres a trooper pilot and some greeblies i added inside to fill it out a little. I only did the slightest of weathering as in the films it is obvious that Vader was anal retentive and their fighters were clean as hell. More fun to build the rebel stuff as they're not much into cleaning their ships.

Rock-On Dude !! This is Awesome !!

What color did you use as th base coat for th Tie ??

Awesome Weathering !!! Great Job !!!

Hey thanks! Originally I was going to use the Tamiya Haze Grey but it didn't have the correct blueish hue the Scale models had. So I tried the Vallejo Blue Grey Pale. it was perfect. weathered it with brownish black pastels in a water wash the clear coated matte.

Cool ! That Vallejo Pale Blue Grey seems to be th way to go. Another Tie Painter used that same color & I liked th way his came out !

Again ... Smokin' Job on weathering !!

I like Alfred's Stuff !!!

Great going on this build !!!

I had the chance to meet the guy in person 2 years ago... very humble guy !!! Down to earth !

Thanks for sharing your model with us !!!

Norm..

out !

Thanks! the base is a slab of balsa wood and an unused cooling heat sink from my old gaming PC primered grey and drilled out to accept a brass tube. I like it because it possibly looks like what might be under a section of a death star tile. above that is a tile from Starship Modelers Death Star Tiles set.

Like the others said, the paint colors and weathering look great. This is a great display piece. This is one of my favorite SW ships.

Latest posts

Back