Reference 5 foot ANH

We all know that the new landing gear was added to the 5' falcon for empire, but what other changes occured? Do you guys thing that more battle damage was added? Was it given a repaint?

If so, are there many reference photos around from before the refit?

The model used in ESB is a completely different model. They didn't just add or change the 5'.

Scott Girvan said:
The model used in ESB is a completely different model. They didn't just add or change the 5'.

really? I had always understood that the built the 32" falcon for esb, but also used the 5' falcon (with added landing gear) for some close up shots.

I think what this guy ChrisGFX over at SciFi Meshes would be helpful for reference

mf_104.jpg

He's making a CG model based on the 5ft ANH (but with ESB additional landing gear)

Its good to see all those parts in sharp detail, with no paint & weathering (well at this point anyway)

link: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?75906-Star-Wars-The-Millennium-Falcon/page19

J

I've seen some of that model...it's very impressive to say the least.

Sorry this ref is coming so late in the game.

To my knowledge, there was only one 5' built and seeing it in person the other week, it does have the gear boxes added to the bottom. It looks like all the rest was original. The 32" was built for the fancy flying shots. I didn't know they modded the fiver until I saw it. Here's the video, but there are also other shots from the star wars exhibit that's been going around the last few years.

Star Wars Model Reference SantaAna 2012

StarWars Exhibit Model Ref 2012 Photos

And stills can be found here at my old website.
http://www.twinlitworlds.com/modelwerx/libraries/ref_sw_ships/?detectflash=false&

Excellent video ModelMan, a lot of the reference photos of this bird are blown out by camera flash, your video shows natural tones & colours

J

If I get back there before the exhibit leaves in April, then I'll bring a mini tripod and do long exposure of the underside to see what is missing in these videos. The minimal lighting sucks on a most of the models, but one like the AT AT is full lit form all angles. I don't understand that.

Latest posts

Back