Red wings of death makes it too the flight simulator.

lol. i loved IL2 stumivc pumping my brothers plains full of death that was good fun

i went to the calamazoo air zoo... and we all flew the flight simulators in those big ball things, it was so much fun... i out scored everyone... i got 5 kills... the next one below me got 3. of course i had sort of a advantage since i play flight simulators all the time.

Too bad you dont play il-2...you could take a crack at trying to shoot me down. I would give you a run for your money

whiskee said:
Too bad you dont play il-2...you could take a crack at trying to shoot me down. I would give you a run for your money

don't have the money to spend on it, or i would, trust me!

il-2 is old now it wouldnt cost a lot. il-2 1946 on steam is 10 euro but steam rip us off here in ireland so im geussing ot wouldnt be much more or less were u are

yea i know... but i don't have 10 bucks to blow on games, i would rather spend my fun money on scale modeling, especially now with 3 builds coming up.

Lol ya I'm the same I need to get a new he'd because I'm running low on space but ild eater spend it on something fun:)

spud said:
Lol ya I'm the same I need to get a new he'd because I'm running low on space but ild eater spend it on something fun:)

i wish i could get IL2 but... i think i can get it later...

whiskee said:

also... lol... who says i would be a chalange for you on that game... i have never played IL2 1946... i have played IL2 Birds Of Pray, and may i say i prefer CFS3 over that! the P-51B Mustang in that game looks like a P-51A with 4 20MM Cannons... and its performance is very poor... games can be very different from each other, even "Simulators..." you may have a edge beacuse you play the game, and i would have to get used to the controls... a IL2 P-51 may fly compleetly different than a CFS3 P-51

yet again, the P-51 in my flight simulator is not at all like the one in the game, i have modified it so it flies more realistically... the one that CFS3 comes with has a nasty glitch... or failed ill attempted effort to simulate its stall characteristic with the aft tank full... (yet it still does it with under a 50% fuel load.) when you pull back on the stick hard to go inverted all the way, or to turn... it says "near stall" or if you pull back hard enough "Warning stall" and the stall light comes on in the cockpit and the airplanes turn rate slows right down. you can only pull back on the stick so much, and it makes its turn sluggish... i have modified my Mustang, and it turns much more realistically, and the point where the "stall glitch" as i like to call it, does not happen so sudden... you have to pull back on the stick much harder to make it happen.

il-2 birds of prey is an acrade game. il-2 1946 is a full switch flight sim. also the rules for dogfighting are the same no matter witch flight sim you are playing.

whiskee said:
il-2 birds of prey is an acrade game. il-2 1946 is a full switch flight sim. also the rules for dogfighting are the same no matter witch flight sim you are playing.

yes... the rules are the same

Energy is life, weather it be potential or kinetic...

don't expose your 6, place your enemy on the defensive by having your 12 on them as much as you can

place your advantage, agents your opponents disadvantage.

understand the situation around you, before... during, and after combat, dont let your guard down for a second, the enemy could be anywhere at any time!

if you cant win the fight the way your fighting, find another way you can win, or go home.

Bolkas 5th rule... the best position to attack your enemy, is his 6 o'clock...

use the element of surprise... only fire on your enemy when you sure you can hit him, firing before will only warn him. most aces recommend only dogfighting as a last resort, the best way to take a kill is by surprise, and thats how all the greatest aces did it, Manfred von richtofen's... and Erich Hartman's perfered method of attack was buy surprise.

follow these rules, survive and possibly come home with a few victories... ignore these rules... possibly come home with a fuel bullet holes or fall towards the ground in a flaming twisted wreckage...

but i mean the controls, and the way the game is set up, you may be more used to the controls, playing a game is not at all like real life.

Latest posts

Back