Re-issue of 1/72 Millennium Falcon by Fine Molds

joe3973

Hey not sure how many of you know , but Fine Molds re-issuing the 1/72 Millennium Falcon for a May 2014 Restock.

Here's the link to pre-order yours for around $150.00 US. http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMSW-06

Just thought I'd share for anyone wanting one, and not wanting to pay $400-600 for one.

Already pre-ordered

:eek: :) ;D

Argh, I WANT, but I just spent a bunch of money on kits. *sigh*

They have horrible timing. Or do I have horrible timing? Either way, most uncool. I'll have to see if I've got some bits and bobs around the house to sell to fund one of these. I just picked up a 1/72 X-Wing and TIE Fighter from FM, so I might as well get the Millennium Falcon to go with them.

I would love one too but that's a lot of cash for me. Personally I found that the Revell snap kit Falcon is pretty nice if you cut the side walls to half the height and add some detail. But I'm a cheapskate. Most of my models are used from ebay ;D

It might be a lot of money, but four months after the release is done, then bam the price is up to $300. So if you want one, this is the time. It won't be at this price for long.

Grendels is right - I watched the very same thing happen after the first release. Bah, I've got to put some stuff up on Craigslist. :D

Aaaand they're all out of their allocation for the pre-order. Dangit. Guess it wasn't in the cards. The only chance I've got now is if FM sends more kits than expected.

Rawr.

Senorjacob said:
Try Hobby Search. They are still taking pre-orders. I got mine reserved.
First post and I love 'ya already! Thanks!

...Oh wait, money. Dangit.

Anyone need a kidney? It's in pretty good shape. ;D

Argh that sucks! I'd buy it in a heartbeat for that price. Hopefully they'll make more...there's clearly demand.

Allright looks like they opened up more orders, so I placed one. This kit looks sweet, a Holy Grail for me. They're limiting it to 10 per customer, hope we don't see price gouging on this later, but you know there will be that going on.

I'd love 2 get a couple but a trip 2 japan in October has my funds tied up.
Might have to work some overtime or something.

Finally paid for. The Falcon is on its way here.. So excited, I'll do a out of box pic set or maybe a YouTube slide show not sure yet. I read there were some extra parts for the rear where the engines are.

Here's the snippet from the description on HobbyLink Japans website

(The kit also includes the first-ever Millennium Falcon engine detail! As that part of the ship normally appears in the movies as a blue-white special-effects glow, details were missing in previous products, but Lucas' artists created "official" information specifically for Fine Molds as to how that part of the ship is structured as well (based on the brief, added special effects shot from the original movie when the Falcon lifts off from Mos Eisley)!)

So see you guys soon with some pics.

I ended up order one after doing said overtime.
Got confirmation overnight from HLJ that mine is now in my private warehouse.
Hopefully have it on its way to me in the next week or so.

Got this in the mail yesterday. What could it be?

image_zps0e28bd7f.jpg

Then opened it to find this!

image_zps23aa61a0.jpg

Not sure how detailed I'll get with it. I'm working on a pretty detailed Revell U-boat Type IX 1/72 right now. Have to get that done first.

What are the basic PE kits for the falcon right now?

Just be ready for LOTS of little bitty parts with this one.
I tried to build her.
Never even finished the stock greeblies on the upper back deck.

She found a good home, just not mine

Yeah, gotta finish the u-boat and spitfire first. Clear the decks. Wife's pregnant so there might be time to do this.

I have had this kit for three years and despite my son who continues to ask me when I will start it I just keep thinking it will be a great winter project some day. I have looked over some build threads and have read up some on building the kit. It was suggested to use a highlighter marker to keep track of where your at on this. Also, the lighting I feel will be pretty complex when I light a model it definetly add's another element and level of difficulty. I paid $230.00 from mine two or three years ago shipping included from HLJ. But yes, once they run out prices will go back up.

Latest posts

Back