Rancor

Wow!!! :eek: :eek:
This all happened... very fast - first thing is I see this your new project, second - You're on the stage of oils applying.
Incredible paintjob, Scott, thumbs up!

Cheers guys. thanks for the motivation. appreciated.

One thing I want to mention, if you build this kit, is make sure you have a box of latex gloves. I've had one on my right hand (I'm a lefty) so that I don't muck anything up while holding this to be able to turn, paint etc...

Here's a bit of an update. I put a base coat on the shackle. I need to mask this off so I did it now before I start with oil paint everywhere. It still needs work but has a good dark rust base.
4500.jpg

I experimented with some chipping fluid and dark grey. It's subtle but you might notice some dark grey blotches around the elbow. I did the same on the spine.
4501.jpg

And finally, a heavy burnt sienna / touch of lamp black wash all over the spine. My reference shows this is quite a bit darker than the flesh. I see this as boney plates...I'll darken it up and then later introduce some bone colors near the uppermost parts.

4502.jpg

Realy nice Scott! Btw, you're flying on this build buddy. Can't get enough of those long weekends right?
Keep it coming.
cheers.

Hey guys. Thanks for the comments. Got some work tonight, not sure if I'll get back to this or not. Tomorrow is another day.

Ian said:
Scott works so fast, and has great focus. I'm jealous.

You can't be talking about me. Focus? LOL. I guess I can hit a 'zone' every now and then but believe me, when I see something shiney I can get tur

Latest posts

Back