Rancor

Thanks man.

I preshaded with the airbrush and Model Air Black & White.
4489.jpg

4490.jpg

And now brushing Vallejo Model Color. I think I'll soon switch to oil...trying the blend acrylic is tough, not that I have any experience with oil either.

l.o.l.
4491.jpg

Looking good mate! I think your plan of attack regarding the painting is spot on :)

A spot of almost set epoxie glue around the mouth perhaps?... looks great to simulate a geewy dripping mouth.
Keep it coming!

Thanks for following the build guys. Yeah, JF - he'll get some humidity in his snout for sure.

So, I've been messing with oil paint on the brown parts. Some parts I think are decent, others...too much paint and lost contrast (chest). I can get it back, paint some highlights.

Tomorrow I might spray a later of clear on this and then work oils again. I don't have anything between the acrylic and oil now and did cut through to the vinyl...on the bottom of a foot. Whew.

I'm going to set this aside for the day and preshade and base the Rancor.

My white balance is a bit harsh...

4492.jpg

4493.jpg

4494.jpg

Very nice work Scott! Your painting doesn't look like its the first time your messing around with oils.

Thanks guys.

Some pre-action.

4495.jpg

4496.jpg

Time for a break.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gamorrean is looking FAR better than the kit version.

Pre-shading on the rancor is looking really good.

The guard looks great, especially the mouth. And that pre shading is tight! You could leave it as it is and it still be awesome.

Epic !!! ...great Ab work Scott ,loving this one ;D

Chris

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. This morning after much coffee I airbrushed the basecoat using the Krome, Vallejo Model Air Med. Brown, Light Brown and Burnt Sienna.

Now a coat of clear and then on to oils.

4497.jpg

4498.jpg

4499.jpg

Latest posts

Back