race wear

So, I haven't built any kits in a long time, probably about two years or so. So I got this kit last year for christmas and decided to start getting back into the hobby. I built it straight out of the box. The only thing different is that i tried using some pastels to give it a raced look. I've seen cars up close after a 500 mile race and its suprising what sticks to a car. The "stripe" down the side was achieved with sand paper and taking several different pastel sticks and raking them lightly along the side. Enjoy, and now I realize someone else has done this kit on here! lol oh well :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi amateurmodeler. That looks great. I love the weathering. I have that kit in my stash.

On a PC you can use Paint to shrink your photos. Open it and go to IMAGE>STRETCH SKEW then change the horizontal and vertical stretch both to like 40%.

Very cool! I have a Davey Allison car that I got from my cousins' ex-wife when they were married. I ended up chaging it entirely for the outside graphics when they got destroyed, and I couldn't find any locally. I'll post those pics tomorrow. This looks really cool, even without damaging the panels, then replacing them with foil like some guys will do. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back