R4D-8/C117D

pro

I've really liked the late modification of the R4D-3/5 to the 8 I could get the eastern kit but I have like five dc3/c47 kits and thought I'd just covert one. Should I be able to do so if I read right the fuselage stayed the same they changed the horizontal stablelizars and the vertical and changed the wing tips to a clipped rather than rounded. But the engines look pretty much the same and so did the landing gear not like some countries that built copies during and after the war but changed engines and went to a tricycle landing gear. It's funny my minicraft dc3s show putting in the navigation dome but the part doesn't exist. There's no clear dome in the clear parts spruce. So I drilled the hull out got a led lamp from a broken flash light and shaved it down polished it and cut it down and used that for my dome looks good. Used brasso polish for polishing up my clear it's a lot cheaper than the modeling products and works great I hear tooth past works as well and fine auto polish. What product is good for stripping models these days I use to use oven spray cleaner easy off but they've changed the product at least in California and it doesn't work anymore. What a pain things keep changing products that worked great now not as good or not at all.

I've really liked the late modification of the R4D-3/5 to the 8 I could get the eastern kit but I have like five dc3/c47 kits and thought I'd just covert one. Should I be able to do so if I read right the fuselage stayed the same they changed the horizontal stablelizars and the vertical and changed the wing tips to a clipped rather than rounded. But the engines look pretty much the same and so did the landing gear not like some countries that built copies during and after the war but changed engines and went to a tricycle landing gear. It's funny my minicraft dc3s show putting in the navigation dome but the part doesn't exist. There's no clear dome in the clear parts spruce. So I drilled the hull out got a led lamp from a broken flash light and shaved it down polished it and cut it down and used that for my dome looks good. Used brasso polish for polishing up my clear it's a lot cheaper than the modeling products and works great I hear tooth past works as well and fine auto polish. What product is good for stripping models these days I use to use oven spray cleaner easy off but they've changed the product at least in California and it doesn't work anymore. What a pain things keep changing products that worked great now not as good or not at all.
My go to.
Peels acrylics right off. Windex with Ammonia D
is also great for remove acrylics, clean up during airbrushing.
Super Clean works great on AMT chrome also.
Some of the thickest, stubborn-e-ist out there.
I took the chrome parts from the MANX Dunebuggy kit and stripped them.
Now the back story on these is, I tried cokeaCola, took some of the shine off. Nothing after a week. Next up was brake fluid. Nothing.
I kid you not. Then I’d read that bf, can cause paint adhesion problems, so shelved that.
Polly Scale E-Z Lift Off, didn’t even bubble it after a week. Now I’m exhausted, right.
Tried Super Clean, and after about three months actually got most of the chrome, lacquer and other gunk off. Jeez. Yeah really three months. .amn!
AMT has some very healthy chrome, depending on the kit. Cleaned the chrome on a Dodge Stealth in a matter of hours. Depends on the kit with them.
WallyWorld, AutoZone, PEP Boys.
F0BD342E-4AE6-4C67-BC21-FE1AAE256C9F.jpeg

Latest posts

Back