Question for all you Vallejo users out there....

Beobachtungsbereich

Prep for STAB....STAB ON!
I'm looking to prime some aluminum, PE and die cast sprockets. Actually, it's a big honking piece of aluminum.

Tamiya specifies that you use it's metal primer in the directions, go figure.

Is Vallejo's primer up to the challenge? Can it adhere to something as slick as machined lathed aluminum?

Has anyone ever used it on something like this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

No reason it wouldn't....it adheres to turned aluminum metal barrels, brass and stainless steel PE and white metal parts (as well as resin and plastic of course).

If you want to be sure....run over the part with some 320 or 400 sandpaper to lightly scuff it for the paint to "bite" into. Even with the so called "metal" primers, I would probably do that same rather than just spraying it on as it.

You are building a Tamiya kit? Of course they are going to say to use their product.

Elm City Hobbies said:
No reason it wouldn't....it adheres to turned aluminum metal barrels, brass and stainless steel PE and white metal parts (as well as resin and plastic of course).

If you want to be sure....run over the part with some 320 or 400 sandpaper to lightly scuff it for the paint to "bite" into. Even with the so called "metal" primers, I would probably do that same rather than just spraying it on as it.

You are building a Tamiya kit? Of course they are going to say to use their product.

Good point Scott! Disregard my email I sent you. I'll come in and buy some yellow primer off you tomorrow. I'll show the part to you.

Regards

Latest posts

Back