Quarantine at Mu Arae system

Jelly

Rob. G.
REUTERS

The Earth Space Territories Management Office reports that a preemptive quarantine has been formally declared on every ship coming from the Mu Arae (HD 160691) System. All regular transports scheduled to depart have been suspended too.

There are two main terraforming detachments operating in that system, totalling an estimated population of 10.000+ souls. A month ago, several cases of a rare illness that was detected in some workers was notified to the CDC headquarters in Atlanta, but official sources officially denied the existence of any special risk, commenting that the situation of the detachments was “standard and under control”.

Since communications with the detachments has rendered impossible since two weeks ago, the USS Mattis, an Argus Class Control Ship coming to Sol en route from Wolf 635 rutinary hypersleep two year deployment, has been diverted to Mu Arae by special emergency procedure. USS Mattis carries elements of SMAU-26, specifically a reinforced company from USCM…

Ok, that´s the “background” story to this build... as you can imagine the system "quarantine" can be caused by...

I began to build a Tamiya “Leclerc 2” back in August 1st, but after seeing in a store a few Gundam accessories (gatling, “tanks” -???-, and radomes) that were really cheap, I had the idea of building something different adding some elements to the Leclerc…

… then someone contacted me… and talking of this and that proposed me to join this GB… so with permission guys…

(( IMO this design could reasonably fit “well” into the “Aliens” // “Avatar” // “Starship Troopers” (the movie, not the novel) dystopian universes… ))

Here we go: a few pics of the work in process… today I´ve advanced into some tedious stages, and I´ve no pics… this would one of the support vehicles from the SMAU-26th onboard the USS Mattis...

View attachment

PB010162.jpg

PB010165.jpg

PB120189.jpg

PB120188.jpg

PB120190.jpg

Hope you like it guys :)

Hi there...

Thanks for watching guys...

Some more advances…

Not absolutely sure about the “periscopic” twin weapon system over the turret… I´m thinking in changing it for a comms radome so turning this “dystopian-hi-tech apocalyptic” vehicle in to a C4I command vehicle…

Some more pics:

2013-11-20195106.jpg

2013-11-20195028.jpg

2013-11-20195014.jpg

2013-11-20200300.jpg

2013-11-20200344.jpg

2013-11-20195046.jpg

2013-11-20195055.jpg

2013-11-20200222.jpg

Cheers,
Jelly

Nice going Roberto. That multi-main gun barrel is unique and very serious. I figure they wish they would of had that on the Walking Dead.

Hi there guys :)))

Thanks for dropping in and the kind comments :D

Here are a few pics of the current advances over the “killer vehicle”…

As you can compare over the last batch of pics, I´ve rejected the telescopic twin weapons system that was placed over the top of the vehicle, now I´ve set one of theses “systems” on a side, and I´ve placed a reloading ammo service hatch in the roof.

You can see a large radome in the back of the turret (comms/sensors), and a lot of small aerials and smaller radomes too. I “thought” that this vehicle could operate on Auto-mode (without a human crew, either on its own or remotely handled), so it needs a lot of “comms, eyes & ears”.

The building of the model is finished @ 99%, I´m just over the MG, adding small touches (you can see in the pics that I´m scratching some kind of “Trijicon” over it, nah, almost finished).

To me this has been a fun and creative project.

Now it is ready for priming, then painting… I think I´ll give it a monocolor grey-greenish shade, and almost no wear & tear.

Hope you like it, and again... thanks for watching.

Cheers :)
Jelly

Fire For Effect PICS:

PC150160.jpg

PC150161.jpg

PC150167.jpg

PC150166.jpg

PC150165.jpg

PC150168.jpg

PC150164.jpg

PC150162.jpg

PC150163.jpg

That is turning out quite fine. It really looks the part. I can see a lot of thought went into this. I look forward to seeing it complete and painted.

Hi there guys :) :) & :)

Thanks a lot for taking a look & the boost (comments).

I´ve no pics of yesterday´s night work but now it has been primed (grey), and I have to prime the "main gun" black or so.

;D Hey, take a look at how this C5I vehicle can coordinate with its sensors and comm devices simultaneously several drones attacking another "plague" (just like zombies, also "untractable" ) in Planet-K.

Starship Troopers Scene - Epic Carpet Bombing

Ahhh... there´s nothing like a GOOD WiFi ;D ;D ;D ;D

(pssst... this is my idea of a zombie-killer ;D )

Hi there again guys, :)

Thanks a lot for watching & the very kind comments :)

Here´s another batch of pics… nothing really spectacular… a general priming with light grey, and a more focused priming in some areas with dark grey…

As you can see too, the “optics” over the machine gun has been finished too… I like the results… nothing really “pro”, but enough for my modelling philosophy ;)

There it goes…

PC180167.jpg

PC180170.jpg

PC180169.jpg

PC180176.jpg

PC180168.jpg

PC180171.jpg

PC180175.jpg

PC180179.jpg

PC180172.jpg

PC180173.jpg

PC180174.jpg