Quarantine at Mu Arae system

Hi there again guys :)

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time for watching and the kind comments, guys, its encouraging :))))

I´ve been playing a little with the AB tonite. My AB is an Iwata (I think it´s an Eclipse, 0.3mm nozzle) that I bought in Whose Depot (online) some 4-5 years ago or so. I´m very, very happy with it. Never failes or had a strange behavious… but I must confess that I clean it thoroughly after each use. I think it was a very good investment. I´m not a “AB Maestro” but having a good tool makes things easier.

Here´s a little batch of pics that I´ve taken 30 minutes ago. IMO I´ve nailed the color of the tank, it is just the “greenish & greyish” shade that I was imagining for this vehicle. I just bought yesterday a Hobby Color that seemed to me the right shade, and also a lighter color plus a darker color, just to make mixes but… a good surprise… the shade was right just from the pot, no needing mixes!

I´ve ABshed @ 0.7-0.8 Pa, and the AB dilution has been more or less 7 parts color plus 3 parts water.

Thanks for watching ! :)))

PC190168.jpg

PC190171.jpg

PC190167.jpg

PC190170.jpg

PC190169.jpg

This is really cool stuff jelly! Awesome details you've scratch built and now with some paint it's really coming together.

Also, I like your paint brush stand, you've kinda got me inspired to try to make one.

Howdy guys :)

Thanks a lot for dropping in and the kind words :)

I´m running against time, let me explain:

Currently the turret has been ABshed, so the "hardest" ( ;D) part of the painting is done...

I´m worried because on Friday 27th afternoon I must leave home with the car in "gipsy caravan mode" with wife, the four dogs and the cat to visit until January 1st (well return home Jan 2nd). Its just 300 miles, but I cannot take with me the model and modelling tools & supplies...

... I don´t know if I´ll arrive to the finish line 31th Dec :p ... for example, yesterday we had to attend a funeral & burial service...

... I´ll try to give it a good push... as I had no intention to super-wheaterize it... I think I can do it !!

Thank youssss!
Later
Jelly

Hi there mates, :)

Last batch of pics up to date. Painting at flank speed… arrrgggh… :p

The overall grey-green has been ABshed with Hobby Color diluted with water. The other parts have been brushed good ol´ classic style with a mixture of Vallejos, Vallejo thinner, satin varnish , and a drop of water or so. They are, by far, the best classic-brushing paints I´ve ever tried. Much superior than Tamiya (but I love Tamiyas behaviour when ABshed).

I show you too three sets of Gundam / Sci-Fi decals that I´ll use with this tank.

:) Thanks for watching, guys… There goes the pics …

PC220169.jpg

PC220168.jpg

PC220167.jpg

PC220170.jpg

PC220171.jpg

PC220172.jpg

PC220173.jpg

Hi there fellas :))

Some more advances in the “Universal Pests Control” sci-fi tank XD XD

As you can see, this project is reaching its end…

Today´s batch of pics show the attachment of the turret-side special weapons container, the main comms/sensor radome plus “wiring”, the potabilized water reserve drum (please excuse me… this is coming from my personal “obsession” with having good amounts of potable water at hand in), plus the close defense smart weapons projectors (the “sticks” with the tip painted in yellow –HE-).

To break the monotony of the chromatic aspect of the tank, I´ve ABshed a small removable panel in the top of the turret with the universal “hazard” black & yellow stripes.

Also, while painting the water drum I´ve “discovered” (do not laugh at me) tha the conventional Vallejos Model Color can be perfectly ABshed if you add a little of Vallejo Airbrush Thinner plus some satin varnish… as I told you, I did not know that this paint behaved so gently !! What a nice surprise. Of course, after that (I do it always-always-always) I dismounted the AB and cleaned & “lubed” it thoroughly.

To finish this model, I still need to:
* Pin wash & so...
* Decaling,
* Finish painting the manned MG (not visible in the pics),
* Couple of hand-held fire extinguishers,
* Lights painting…
* Add a couple of conventional aerials falling forward (like the Merkavas ones, for example)…

Here goes “the show”. Hope you like it… thanks a lot for watching guys…

PC290167.jpg

PC290168.jpg

PC290169.jpg

PC290170.jpg

PC290171.jpg

PC290172.jpg

Cheers ! :)
Jelly

Latest posts

Back