Pz. I Ausf. B

wyoroy

Here's one of the other armor builds I started. it's Revell/Italerei's 1/35 Deutscher Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf.B kit # H-2117.

PzIausfB006.jpg

PzIausfB005.jpg

ArmorBuild007.jpg

ArmorBuild003.jpg

PzIII003.jpg

PzIdrybrushed1.jpg

PzIdrybrushed2.jpg

PzIdrybrushed3.jpg

PzIdrybrushed4.jpg

I have been trying something different. Dry brushing with lighter and lighter shades of panzer gray. Sprayed the tracks with Humbrol rust. The tin I have had since 1979 and it still sprays fantastic after thinning. Love the Humbrol paints.

Very cool. Looks like we are getting ready for our own blitzkrieg with all these panzer 1's being posted.

Thanks. I like the look of the early panzers all the way to the Pz IVs. Last Wednesday they had a new episode of Greatest Tank Battles. had some old film that showed a few of the old panzers, very cool.

I
Must agree with you although in the real world my favourite has got to be the tiger when it comes to modelling the early tanks win it hands down so much more detail in the 1'2'3...

And you've done a quality job on this little tyke..

Geegad

Nice Job on That lil panzer. I to have Hubrol paints that are 20 -30 years old. They still brush and spray fine, one you get the pigment up off the bottom and stired back up. ;D

Nice job Roy ;) What about that poor little Hurricane lying in the background ??? ;D

Chris.

Geegad, thanks. The is a bunch of detail in the older panzers.

Big John, Thanks. Your right, once you stir the paint from the bottom it's as good as new. I just love they way the spray.

Chris, thanks for looking. The Hurricane is the 1/72 Academy. It was one of the last aircraft I was working on my I got seduced by the Dark Side ;D I do plan on finishing it, takes up desk space :D

Thanks Spud.

Very nice mate, gotta love early war Panzers....when i finally get a German tank its sure to be early war.

Keep up the awesome work dude. :)

TTFN Matt

Thanks Matt. Like I said before the older panzers are cool 8)

getting ready to do a wash ;D

Very good job on the panzergrey thats one tricky colour to get right, and ya pulled it off spot on ;D

great stuff

shane

Thanks Shane.
Got a question for the veteran armor guys. I have given the tracks a base coat of rust, what do I do next? The markings are for a Pz. I in France 1940 if that helps?

I've found there is no right or wrong way to make tracks look good. I give mine a basecoat of gunmetal then dry brush a little steel mixed with black, dry brush some red brown for rust, wash with a couple different shades of brown, dark to light. Experiment with amounts of color and the order. I bet I do something different evey time. And my accidents sometimes look the best!

Chris S said:
What about that poor little Hurricane lying in the background ??? ;D

Chris.

Chris it looks like it was taken out by the Flak Batt. that is protecting this Hot lil' Panzer I ! ;D

Great lookin Pz I !! I say bring back th Dry Brush !! Rock-On with th Highlights ! That's one of My favorites - Dry Brushing .... it's easy to over do ... but soooo Nice

I have an "Americanized" tin of the old Humbrol/Monogram Gun Metal from th early '80's ! I love dry brushin' with that stuff !

\m/

Id have to agree with the other thats no really right or wrong way when it comes to tracks, normally the amount of work you do depends on the 'look' of the tracks you want. If you were going for a muddy machine, the tracks would reflect the wear and tear of tank.

but as they are now its fine :)

Here's an update on the Pz.I ausf B. The wash is finished and a semigloss coat sprayed. Next is the pigments to give that dusty 1940 France look.

PzIwash001.jpg

PzIwash002.jpg

PzIwash003.jpg

PzIwash004.jpg

PzIwash005.jpg

Latest posts

Back