PRO ART WAR PIG Resin conversion set. PAU-35043 WARNING !!!

LOL SPUD !!! you've put a smile on my face.... You could pay him a visit....? Nha !

He wrote back again.... pointing out at another kit he sells... PAU-35031 for the same base vehicle......MLTV from trumpeter...

Well the same 'sham' applies...Although you see the Resin parts this time... The Packaging (Box Art) shows clearly a set of Resin tires... and they also show up in the instructions... but wait ! there is a small print NOTE in a corner... and YES! you need to buy the Tires separately !!! of course ! You only see that after you buy and open the box.... Maybe he needs to rethink his Business plan ??? or maybe that's the way Europeans like to be Treated ? Beats me ?

Anyway SPUD and Crew ! "Stay off" the Belgian Waffles...

Now, that's just bad customer relations.

At the very least he should be willing to work out some sort of refund-deal. Unless, of course, you've already assembled the whole thing...

To tell a customer, even if that customer is clearly in the wrong (and I don't think that's the case here), that there's nothing you can do is all sorts of bad. At least try to help the customer - no matter how annoying he is...

And yes... Working as a supporter for five years really trained my poker face - even though there were times where I felt like screaming at the customer.

Remember: it's never the customers fault... Even if it clearly is...

In the end I think it's simply an unfortunate breakdown of communication in that Lucky Models didn't explain clearly enough what was for sale and schweinhund didn't check it himself.
That doesn't excuse the treatment schweinhund received however...

Too bad really... I was looking forward to seeing the build. Fully kitted out, that's one sweet truck...

PS: As for how we Europeans like to be treated... Not really... We like to be treated like everybody else... Which is why many of us have developed a healthy scepticism towards internet dealers of all kinds, rivalled only for our distrust of used car salesmen... :D
Personally, I've had way more trouble with Asian recasters scamming me on eBay that I've had with European on-line shops...

I just sent a letter to Lucky Model Hong Kong and will let you guys know what they have to say about this... its not really their fault ! but I like the Service there and Don't like what's being done to their Reputation !

Probably not much will come out of this....! but I hope they will change the picture on their website to reflect the TRUE nature of the kit ! I have supplied them with a new pictures ! that might incite them to act on it before Other customers rams it up their throats !

Later

and F2K I didn't meant anything... harmful by... "European Customers".... you guys are peoples just like us... nothing more...

good man Norm, Im looking forward to hearing what they say ;D

Just remember to make a video and document all of this including their reply to your emails and the sarcastic way they treated you.
The worst thing you can do to a company is to go public and expose them for basically ripping off or at least taking advantage of modelers.

Honestly, it is no fault of Lucky Model, they are just selling a product produced by another manufacturer, and likely only given the same information that Pro Art supplies to advertise what they are selling.

They, like me, don't open every box to make sure that what is on the cover is in the box, easy way to put yourself out of business that way.

So LM shouldn't take responsibility for it at all (although they probably will to maintain a good customer service rep.), and it should fit squarely onto Pro Art's shoulders, whom seem like they could car less.

LM is just the middle man, or the messenger if you will, and you don't "shoot the messenger!"

Black Sheep 1: My goal isn't really to HURT "Dirk" and his business! I am aiming more for him to Sort out "the way" he Presents his after market kits.... I feel vindicative right now for sure.... in some way.... for him to have taken my money. and yes.. in many ways, I am guilty for not checking him and his business habits... Before committing my money ! even if I was going through a distributor like Lucky Model Hong Kong...

If I look at other guys selling after-market sets like... for Example. " REAL MODEL " He shows you the stuff you will be getting... and the model on which the conversion is based on is shown in all its glory Unpainted (PLAIN JANE) and you can see the RESIN updates... no other Real Model kits are pictured with the said kit... and that's what I expected from Dirk and Pro Art !

What Dirk is doing is .. Souping-Up his pictures with more PRO-ART kits and is in many ways false representation....

I left my Beef on ARMORAMA.... I'm just waiting for the Jackals to jump at my Jugular.... LOL

and yes.. SPUD... I'll let you know about LUCKY MODEL response !

Well,
´
Just my humble opinión,
´
In today´s world, with internet, open forums, flowing info, and people being able to buy around the world, when a buyer that intends to buy a product from a company (that is not in a Monopoly-strength position) NEEDS exhaustively to check if what he is intending to buy is really what he is going to get, that company has a real trouble as a bussines. And in the short / mid-term that company will begin to suffer the consequences:
´
1.- A higly toxic loss of trust &reputation for the company (just read the post, people are beginning to “ban” the company in their minds and SPREADING the absence of trustability in the company - when internet & forums did not exist noting happened to the company but today it is a suicidal attitude).
´
2.- Loss of incomes.
´
3.- Loss of marketing strength against their bussines adversaries.
´
This case is for me very clear.
´
Here are two options:
1.- Either the company has excluded deliberately the info, and then catches you in a trap. You know what tells this about a company (aka “the people who makes decisions there”).
´
Or:
´
2.- The company is very good making & designing products BUT their Marketing Staff / Marketing Consumer Relationships Policy (MCRP) is simply “trash” and needs a severe change (if they want to survive as a bussines in the mid term).
´
What a GODZILLA SIZE difference between the MCRP of a company like ARCHER (beautiful) and this one ( :p ) .
´
Thay guy “Dirk” seems to be a bussines-myope. I´m absolutely convinced that this thread (and the Armorama that you say, Norm) is generating economic losses to the company. And those economic losses will be, by VERY far, greater than the pirric profit that they have got from you, Norm.
´
IMHO, that company is not playing fair. If it was their mistake, they shoul have told you “ok Norm, we have screwed it up, just send us the kit & we´ll return you the money (and we are going to improve dramatically the info about the kit, in the webpage, and in the on-line stores aka “part of their distribution channel”).
´
I don’t like any smarty-pants touching either my nose & ba**s (“What do you want me to do” - what kind of "answer / question" is that ? ? ), or my money . No-no-no.
´
Oh, and be peaceful, Norm, you are not hurting “Dirk´s” company… that guy is doing it pretty well & efficiently.

;D. Well Thanks for the great Comment Jelly!

Here is what Lucky Model Hong Kong replied to my letter!

Quote"

Dear Norm,

Thank you for your information.

We have updated the item pictures and long description of PAU-35043 to avoid further confusion to other customers as per your advice.

As the item has failed to meet your expectation due to the wrongly displayed item photo, you may return it to us for a full refund.

Alternatively, to express our apologies for the frustration and dissapointment this experience has caused you, we would like to offer you 10% discount for your next order for the accessories you may need to complete the kit.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
Charlette
Luckymodel.com.
end Quote"

Now! "That's Customer Service!". Ok a mere 10%. And the option to return it.... Much better than a kiss on the Cheek! And that picture is now gone and they added the one "I sent them" in the Detail shots they have.... And mentioned that all radios and Equipment isn't included! Much better! Hopefully this will help other to make an "Informed" Decision?

Thanks for sticking around!

Norm.

nice one norm at least they updated the picture, mabe you should send that to pro art for a lesson on customer service :)

looks like this got resolved nicely in the end before the tracers started flying too much, thats when i buy stuff off the Internet, i only get it from suppliers i trust, and i make sure what i am buying, that i know what it is.

The tracers have flown by my head on Armorama! His close friends came to the rescue!....

They all "Excepted" a selected few; think I was Harsh on him but in reality! I didn't do squat! He did it to himself! Beside getting a few changes implemented was it worth the trouble? Yes! Hopefully saving others the agravations I went thru!

Well, I sure hope so?

Later!

gota link to that topic norm ild liek to have a gander and see :)

Just go to Armorama and search for War pig. Or PAU-35043. You should find my remarks in one of them...

LoL. One of the guys is pretty cool with it! The others not so much! LOL

8) hey peoples !

The PRO ART Models SAGA isn't over yet... it seem !

I was hoping whatever issues I had with the WAR PIG conversion set would not repeat itself with a smaller item from the same company....

The Special Forces Radio Suite was "Suggested" in order to detail the war pig kit...as pictured on line.

Of course the "Special Forces Radios" kit was in deed needed to Fill the front cab with all necessary Communication gear for the Modern Long range patrol Vehicle.... so I got it !

and for what I could see on the online pictures, it was a Sealed and Delivered deal...
they were made for the WAR PIG kit... so it was going to be an easy fix !

(I'm afraid not !)

I basically have no choice but to put my New Ordeal on Video !

Why you ask?

The "Radio Suite" kit has no "SINCGARS" Radios... "which" are on the box art and On the online photos... and well! there was another small tiny annotation in the instructions....
(you might want to get this other U.S. RADIO set... to complete this one !!! )

I am getting pretty fed up with this brand ! I am FUMING !

For a mere 1$ worth of resin, He could have ADDED the Fkg. Radios in there and we would all live Happy !!!

Keep off the PRO ART products at all cost !!!

You've been warned !

Like we say in French ""C'est un attrape-nigaud"" or for the rest of the world! a "Con game"

im looking forward to to seeing this, its a right pain in teh ass that they do what they do

:p :p :p & :p

Definitely this adventure has some resemblances to a modelling-Stalingrad... you need to commit more & more bucks ... ( ;D )

Norm, my friend, just two questions:

Q1.- How many bucks DID YOU BELIEVED originally (with the "original" amount & quality of info available) that would cost to build "properly" that model ??

Q2.- How many bucks (mail shipping included) will at the end cost to finish "properly" that model ?? 200 USD ??

After your last post, I consider fully confirmed that this is an intentional push-selling (a dirty one :mad: ) strategy.

Good luck with this, Norm. ;) As far as I know myself, at the first hint of nasty-game (and I have a very good nose, and very, very FEW patience with the people that "plays" happily with other person´s bucks), I would have given a beautiful Soccer penalty-Kick to the initial "pseudokit", and focus in another model: IMHO it would have been excellent for my blood pressure & for my vallet...

Cheers, guys
RG

Latest posts

Back