PRO ART WAR PIG Resin conversion set. PAU-35043 WARNING !!!

schweinhund227

Hi folks!

I want to apologies FIRST…for a long winded article.... And if you don’t want to read a RANT… just move on plz! Wait..... before you leave… you might want to read on?

I need to let others know about this before they FALL into the same trap I did!!!

For those of you that haven’t subscribed to the Thread (tread) “What’s new in your stash?” I want you to be made AWARE of a Huge discrepancy in a product Made and Sold by PRO ART Models.

I recently purchased a Resin Conversion Set from those guys and while I was eagerly waiting for it to arrive... I started gathering documentation about the model and gathering photos of the real vehicle. So I could have an Idea of what kind of project I was about to embark on!!! and let me tell you … I AM PISSED !

No, I am not drunk! I am MAD ! That I have been taken for a SUCKER! My research not only shown me what sort of vehicle I was going to build but also... What was really in the box... I just bought! Oh! Did I say I was PISSED ???

They falsely advertise on their website and their model Box Art about the true nature of the kit !!! and also let their distributor’s promote the same lies about that product… I'm talking about the WAR PIG conversion set!!! PAU-35043.

Seen here as advertised on the PRO-ART website! and Box Art!!! Awesome looking machine ! Tons of parts... hey I fell in love at first sight !!! But wait !
pau-350431.jpg

Seen here at Lucky Models in Hong Kong ! "not really their fault" as they only distribute what PRO ART have sold them. but still... an awesome kit... it may seem ?
5c6fba7d.jpg

At first glance you think you will be getting what’s on the Box art ! WHO wouldn't ??? I'm thinking like any other modelers… Right?

WRONG !

The kit is a very big disappointment for me! and for anyone that will open that Box and only FIND a 1/4 of what was promised ! Although I must admit !!! what you are getting in the box is superb… in quality.. but it sure lacks in quantity !!! Where's the BEEF? Where are all the parts....???

I am disappointed in PRO ART "Marketing techniques" to lure in Clients .... Only to utterly disappoint them.... with such a scam!!!

I hate myself for not having done enough research on what the kit was all about! I truly do! I was sold by a "picture" that was indeed to good to be true !!! Actually who wouldn't ??

On line reviews were merely hinting that some modelers might want to add a few extra bits to bring it up to par ! huh? how about 250 US $ worth of extra bits...? now that's a shocker !

I just want to let others know about this situation before it’s too late! If not too late already!

This is what the REAL kit looks like after completion !!!
header-1.jpg

Missing from this picture are the 4 crew seats... which are included in the P.A. kit ! The stuff in red isn't in the kit ! but was on the original Box Art !!!

So in short what you need to buy (afterward) to complete the kit exactly like pictured on the box art are. or (250$ plus later).... not including shipping !!!!
THANK YOU PRO ART !!!! or maybe they should THANK me ??? for falling into that TRAP!

*Satellite Communication set,
*MLTV Sagged Tires set,
*Modern Equipment Set #2,
*SF Radio Set,
*War Pig Equipment set,
*PSP Planks set, (unditching perforated planks)
*Water and Fuel Jerry can set,
*Low Pressure Gas bottles set,
*Modern equipment Boxes set,
*Tow bar set,
*Ammunition Boxes set,
*M2 .50 Cal Machine gun with stand Set, and
*Ratchet tie-down photo etch set !

So ! in short ! Buyer beware !!!

Now you saw and heard about the Real deal… With little more than a couple seats ok, (4)…
2 half doors… a new Dashboard and a Flat Bed !!! Woopty Doo!

My Take on this..... They would never have sold many kits if they had shown us that picture ??? but at least you would have known what you are getting for your money! I truly feel they took my MONEY ! call me Naïve ! but heck! they should have listed the kits necessary to accomplish the same results as posted !!! and clearly state that on the top of the box ! and in the kit narrative!

Their excuse ! Well if a client had already purchased some of our accessories sets, we didn’t want them to end up with duplicates …. WTF ? we strive on collecting spare parts… !

VOYAGEUR Models were caught doing that.. and now.. THEY show all the Kits # shown in their publicity pictures…. so potential buyers are aware they might have to purchase more than one kit to get that same results .... I can’t wait for PRO-ART Models to do the same !!!

Now I am stuck buying 300 US$ Worth of Resins kits from them to complete my "WAR PIG" Thanks PRO ART….

Yeah... I'm Pissed !

Honestly, I'd send it on back to the retailer you purchased it from. No reason to play ball who pull the ol' bait-and-switch on you. Have you contacted the retailer and expressed your displeasure with the deceptive marketing for the kit you purchased? Of course, be polite but don't let them roll you.

Sorry this happened to you. :(

oh that fking sucks hairy ass norm, I would be Well pissed, I would contact luckymodel and demand your money back, the picture they show you is what you should get not show you what it could look like.

Keep us posted.

i wanted one of them kist my self not so now.

But before you send it back, make a video of this scam and expose them publicly on YouTube.

I'm really sorry you got taken.

Black Sheep 1 said:
But before you send it back, make a video of this scam and expose them publicly on YouTube.

I'm really sorry you got taken.

Got that covered! thanks for the moral support!

Looking at the pictures on Pro Art's website, I would be led to believe based on the photos and the price that you would at least get this:

PAU-35043_12.jpg

But it doesn't seem you even got that much. Yeah, I would expose them for the crappy marketing and demand your money back, or the rest of the parts to complete the kit.

Just looked at the instructions they have posted online, and at least from a quick glance you should have gotten basically the photo above minus the .50cal in the back.

8). I sent to their customer service! "Pro art" that is......a piece of my mind! I might not get resolve but it felt good! To shove it in their face!

Wow does that suck. Looking at the box art I was thinking heck I'd buy that. I cant believe that they pulled some crap like that. That is terrible. Sorry for your loss.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Looking at the pictures on Pro Art's website, I would be led to believe based on the photos and the price that you would at least get this:

PAU-35043_12.jpg

But it doesn't seem you even got that much. Yeah, I would expose them for the crappy marketing and demand your money back, or the rest of the parts to complete the kit.

Just looked at the instructions they have posted online, and at least from a quick glance you should have gotten basically the photo above minus the .50cal in the back.

I know what you mean Scott! In that picture you posted... they Added a spare Tire to show off the Stap and Chain that comes in the kit! Sorry no tire! The SAT Com Antenna? Is from yet again another kit of theirs but not included in the War Pig kit! The M2 .50 cal MG is not part of that kit either and is a whopping 25$ alone! Ouch!

I told them... That scam hurt my TRUST in Lucky models.... And theirs as well!

Even a close buddy of the Sculptor, asked him "where" was the rest of the kit?
On an old forum entry I found!

So! It's not New! But rather Old news! Which was kept "low key" for good reasons!

Later.

Well now this sucks and I know how you feel had something similar happened to me but not at that high price.
Post as much as you can of it in the web I know that will hurt them
Cheers
Lukasz

Sorry to be contrary, but unless they just revamped their webpage I'd file this under "buyer beware".

The overview page clearly says, in red letters, that radio and equipment isn't included and the four drawings clearly show what you're going to get.

Yes, it sucks, but it's hardly Pro Art's fault. And it's certainly nowhere near a scam, false advertising, or a lie. Except, possibly, for the boxart itself. If no list of contests was printed on the box then it might be considered misleading. But since you apparently ordered it from their website...

He. Got it from luckymodel f2k. Norm you should send an email to luckymodel also, I mean your not going to go to pro arts site to see w,hats in the kit when the picture on lucky model shows what you taught you were buying

spud said:
He. Got it from luckymodel f2k. Norm you should send an email to luckymodel also, I mean your not going to go to pro arts site to see w,hats in the kit when the picture on lucky model shows what you taught you were buying

Me bad then, sorry. I got the impression that it was ordered straight from Pro Art.

Still, ordering an expensive kit like that without checking the manufactures website...?

well when i see a resin kit that looks like that i would by sold by the pic also, when i buy a kit i dont go running to the manufactures every time, whats on display should be whats sale, even more so when sold on a big model site like luckymodel

spud said:
well when i see a resin kit that looks like that i would by sold by the pic also, when i buy a kit i dont go running to the manufactures every time, whats on display should be whats sale, even more so when sold on a big model site like luckymodel

Perhaps it's just me then...

As far as I'm concerned, "buyer beware" is not just for eBay - it's for all online-shops. I've been burned too many times not to do so.

Yeah.. guys... I say again.. I 'hate' myself for not checking first....!!! I should have checked it!
It was too good to be true !!! (Lesson learned) !

Like Spud said…. The picture on the LUCKY MODEL “Sold it” to me….

"Dirk" from Pro-Art wrote me back... and said ! ""What do you want me to do ???"" But what he meant is... ( C'est la Vie ! ) or (such is Life) in my Case... it means.. Life Sux !

As F2K mentioned….. Dirk pointed out the "little red Note" at the top of his web page. Warning this kit needed additional items to make it look like the End Item…

I told him that I would have put it in “BOLD LETTERS”... not fine print… and that nowhere on the Lucky Model's Website does it refers to the Pro-Art website... for more info ! So what I saw pictured, is what I thought I was getting!

To add insults to injury.... He even said that I was wrong to Quote that I would need to buy 11 additional kits from them to complete my “War Pig” kit as pictured on the Box Art; but 15 more not 11 !

I think I just got SLAPPED in the face....??? and kissed on the Cheek !

I did purchase other items from Pro-Art when they first started 10 years ago... but now ! Yeah... Check and check again....before you buy guys!

Nuff said !

Well that pretty much says what kind of people run that company.
As for me, I've made a not of this company and they will NEVER see a penny from me no matter how good their stuff is.

When some one is in the wrong and comes back with a "what do you want me to do" reply, it tells me that they did it deliberate and in bad faith.

As for Luckymodel, I've dealt with them before and I believe them to be good.
See if you can get your money back (that is if you want to return it).

so they are showing you 15 seprate upgrades you need to buy andthey dont tell you this, that bull, i would mail luckymodel and complain to them about it, because it is false advertising

In deed SPUD ! here is a direct quote from his Email to me !

Recommended sets with accessoires for further enhancing your model:
- PAU-35010: US modern radio and satellite communication set
- PAU-35011: Modern Oil/chemical Drums and Canisters set
- PAU-35020: US radio set SINCGARS (ASIP)
- PAU-35023: US modern equipment set
- PAU-35036: Heavy duty cases (modern)
- PAU-35038: Modern clamping tools
- PAU-35040: Low pressure gas bottles
- PAU-35041: Modern ammunition boxes
- PAU-35042: Modern .50 and MK93 cradle {with gun shield & thermal weapon sight (TWS)}
- PAU-35044: PSP Planking
- PAU-35045: Modern military and civile backpacks
- PAU-35046: Modern military and civile hanging backpacks
- PAU-35047: Jerry can set for modern vehicles
- PAU-35048: Modern equipment set 2
- PAU-35049: US Special Forces Vehicle communication set

Easy for him to say.... but one heck of BILL !

Wow !
Now he says he has Modified his WebPage and made the RED NOTE in a Bigger font now... yeah ony NOW ! LOL figures....!

and that stuff aint cheap. ild be so mad now ild have fked him so hard Verbily he would never feel safe again.!

Latest posts

Back