Polar Lights 1/2500 USS Discovery

Quaralane

Decided to do another Star Trek build.
This time, I'm doing the 1/2500 scale USS Discovery from Polar Lights.
FUE4w21.jpg

Like with the Enterprise kit, there are plenty of pieces to work with
IptvUSZ.jpg

Hv6u9ef.jpg

baTiKRd.jpg

As well as full aztecs
gKnRzN0.jpg

For the clear parts, I painted a base coat of white on the areas that would show, followed by either transparent red or blue, depending.
The saucer domes stayed white, while the metallic parts of the bussards and navigational deflector were painted in with Citadel's Leadbelcher
pxK4Cti.jpg

Initial assembly was finished fairy quickly in sub-assemblies, although the instructions did swap the part numbers for the impulse engine inserts (that, or I did)
Yz7IaqR.jpg

Kit-supplied aztecs were laid down on the sub-assemblies, which was followed by final assembly and a clear coat.
The only real issues I had were my own fault for not getting the ones on the bottome of the secondary hull lined up right

Finished build pics
y3ReHCd.jpg

1TYnZWe.jpg

PrVDqaG.jpg

NurRKJu.jpg

la5p25u.jpg

w77L5XQ.jpg

nwSdo5F.jpg

7d87yKY.jpg

All in all, she's a fairly large ship. Her saucer's about the same size as that of the Enterprise, but her nacelles are almost as long as the Enterprise
vnIwQwd.jpg

Youtube link:

Wow !
Those decals are insane .
I'm always impressed by these Aztec decals .

Looks really awesome , Q !

Not a fan of the Discovery’s stretched out design but that doesn’t prevent me from appreciating what a fine job you have done with this build. The aztec decals look great. Nice job! :cool:

My friends have some rather harsh criticisms of not only the Discovery show but anything JJ Trek in general. Having not bothered to watch Discovery myself, I rather like these designs, particularly the re-imagined Enterprise for the show. I like it far better than the 2009 Enterprise, and in my mind I just treat it like any other non-canon fan design. Looks cool. The Discovery looks weird, but it's like a cool-weird, so I like it. I like it better than the NX-01 design for sure. Great job on these kits!

Thanks.
I much prefer the 'Discoprise' to its JJ counterpart as well

And, yes, the Discovery herself does have a bit of strange appeal

Ditto to all the accolades, Quaralane. The decal application is beautiful, and I like what you did with the clear parts. But I was wondering, what is the base color? It’s not quite that real orangey bronze, which I like. Much more subtle but makes the decals “POP”.

Latest posts

Back