Plans for a 1/24 or 1/25 semi trailer?

phoenix

Hi! I'm new to this forum (not new to modeling)...I am looking for plans to build a semi trailer: preferences to logging, curtain van, or lowboy. Anyone know where I can find instructions or plans?

I don't know about plans, but Round 2 has re-released some of the AMT trailers, the Peerless logging trailer being one of them. Also the Fruehauf Flatbed, Chrome Tanker and Fruehauf Box Van. As well I believe the Exterior Post Van was either just released or about to be released.

As well, Moebius has a Great Dane 53' Reefer trailerer coming out sometime in 2012.

It's actually a good-sized semi maintenance garage diorama...I already have two rigs built. Actually, about 3 years ago, I built the Peterbilt 379 (Revell, I believe). I spent alot of time and effort making it perfect. When we moved, it somehow wound up on the floor, and my husband stepped on the front of it. I was heartbroken, so it ended up in a drawer for a couple years. Then, I got into scale dioramas, and decided to setup that rig into a shop.

So, I'm building in 1/24 or 1/25 scale. I was hoping to build my own trailer out of styrene, as I can't really afford $60+ for a plastic kit. I would love to try my hands at a curtain van, since that's what my husband works on at his job.

The Round 2/AMT trailers are about $30-$35,with the exception of the tanker, guess you have to pay extra for all that chrome plating.

It's good to see some one willing to put in some hard work and save some money. Your going to need a lot of ling styrene sheets., as well as beams and rods. I my self will soon start work on a larg and long load transport carrier. My truck is a stretched sleeper on a '74 Kenworth W900A. Revell kit.

I know it'll take alot of styrene, but the whole idea of building my own is that I can say 'I built that", and actually mean it. It takes me to my happy place when I'm building and painting. Also, does anyone know where I can find those pigment powders and setting agents? I want to try my hand at dirt/mud and weathering.

I carry the line of Vallejo pigments here at the shop. As far as a setting agent, anything from water, to IPA, as well as many other things that can be used. Vallejo does have a glaze medium in the pigment line they recommend using.

I will definately check out your shop online. I was doing some research, and I do have the acrylic paint gel medium to make wet mud...I was thinking I'll try mixing the gel with my acrylic paints and see what happens. I do also have spackle I was thinking of messing around with.

Latest posts

Back