Pilots for 1/32 Trumpeter Dauntless Kit

punkpigpen

Hey I have this Midway version 1/32 Dauntless kit that i am dying to build. but The Trumpeter kits come with no pilots. This kits needs one seated pilot and a gunner for the rear. Any ideas who has an aftermarket or other similar figures i could use as im building this as an in flight build. Thanks in advance!

That was one of the biggest changes I noticed, when I got back into modeling around '98 or so, after a hiatus since '82--the disappearance of figures from kits. Manufacturers caved to those modelers who expressed a dislike of having a pilot in the cockpit, or standing next to his aircraft (hides the cockpit details, for example, or, some were daunted by painting a figure instead of ordnance). Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox.

I went to Ultracast's website and found this page:

http://www.ultracast.ca/Figures%20-%2032%20Scale%20Pilots%20-%20American.htm

The WWII American Navy Pilot figure (54005) might work, and you could get two and modify one, to make the gunner.

Hope that helps!
Brad

As a postsrcipt...

Ultracast's portrait figure of Pappy Boyington could be converted relatively easily into the gunner. His uniform could be painted very easily to represent the denim shirt and dungarees that an enlisted crewman would have worn.

Thnks f0r the tip. they seem to have really nicely sculpted pilots there. pricey but the quality looks great.
I'm pretty excited about building this. take a break from those huge Resin Star wars kits ive been commited to.

Sure thing, glad to help!

There's another figure I just thought of, but you'd have to hunt for it, as it's out of print. It was a 54mm white metal figure of a USN pilot, standing on the flight deck, buckling his parachute harness. I think it was made by Valiant, but I don't remember.

Postscript--

It was Valiant Miniatures, here's the URL to the catalog page:

http://www.veltd.net/valmin/imgvalmin_06/pages/9808_USNPilotWW2.htm

This is a classic piece, many will recognize it. It retails at $17, but that and the $17 CDN for the Ultracast figures, is actually not a bad price for a 54mm resin or white metal figure.

Thanks Baron!!!
Hey fumble- I may build this in a week or so as to take a well deserved Star Wars break.

Latest posts

Back