Photoetch prep

Capt_Taggert

Never give up, never surrender!
Do you have to prep photoetch before cutting or painting it. Do you need to clean it or prime it?

wash it with warm, soapy water and prime with regular primer. Also, sanding the surface slightly to make it rough will improve paint adhesion if it refuses to stick.
HTH

I don't do anything to prep it before cutting, but I will definitely primer it before painting

Depends what you are building, a lot of automotive parts (brakes, grills etc) dont need paint but ill sometime scratch up the contact point to give the glue something to hold onto.

I've got photoetch for spacecraft and airplanes. The last PE set I had I screwed up because I couldn't get the paint to adhere to it. Thanks for the input.

Do I prime the photoetch before i place it on the model??. I'm a beginner and building a T-28B Trojan. Purchased the Eduard PhotoEtch and don't want to wreck everything before i even start. They show pictures on the Eduard website of the photoEtch stuff glued on the unprimed surface of the aircraft.

no, prime after, but be careful you dont break the part, also,(i dont want to hijack this thread but how do you slightly curve a small pe piece, is annealing needed)

Latest posts

Back