Photo Review of Meng's 35 scale Pick-up Trucks

sharkmouth

Promise I won't bite... hard
The first of Meng's releases are unusual in that they are not truly military. These are Toyota HiLux trucks as used by different armed forces in African and the Middle East. They are part of the aptly named Velociraptor series, following Meng Models dinosaur theme.

We will begin with VS-001 Pick Up with ZPU-1.

MengVS001Box.jpg
Box Art.

MengVS001SprueA.jpg
Sprue A. Only one sprue is in the box.

MengVS001SprueB.jpg
Sprue B. Only one sprue is in the box.

MengVS001SprueC.jpg
Sprue C. Only one sprue is in the box. The red sprue is from VS-002 but identical other than color.

MengVS001SprueD.jpg
Sprue D. Only one sprue is in the box.

MengVS001SprueE.jpg
Sprue E. Only one sprue is in the box.

MengVS001SprueX.jpg
Sprue X. Only one sprue is in the box. Unique to VS-001.

MengVS001SprueZ.jpg
Sprue Z is for a militant figure. One sprue in VS-001.

MengVS001Tires.jpg
Tires, five in VS-001, six in VS-002. Note that the mark is DUNLCP.

MengVS001xBody.jpg
Only on body is included per kit. White for VS-001, red for VS-002.

MengVS001xDecalPE.jpg
Pre-painted PE is common to both kits. Decal is common to both kits and can be used to spell TOYOTA on the rear body drop gate if desired.

MengVS001ZPU1PE.jpg
Pre-painted PE for the ZPU-1 gun. With the label only listing ZPU-1, I am hoping this fret and Sprue X will be released separately as a kit.

MengVS002Box.jpg
Box art.

MengVS002DecalB.jpg
Second decal sheet included with VS-002 has familiar looking soda labels.

MengVS002SprueV.jpg
Sprue V. One sprue of a contractor.

MengVS002SprueW.jpg
Sprue W. Two sprues of refreshments.

MengVS002SprueY.jpg
Sprue Y. One sprue with coolers, Barrett M82Al rifle, M240B, water cans, and stowage gear.

MengVS002xBody.jpg

MengVS001SprueZ.jpg
Another view of the red body included.

Regards,

I’m thinking about getting that kit but still not sure what version. Thanks to your review I know what’s in each of those.
Cheers
Lukasz

Scott reviewed the red one is the last Sma vid I beleve it was, it looks like a really nice kit too

I just purchased those very two kits.... Thanks for the heads up ! looks great and I can't wait to start on them.....

I'm taking notes from those seen in MW3... just need to find the Decals for the Stripes... and I'm Off !

Take care and keep those reviews coming !!!

Norm.

Erik ! and the others....

The Nice thing about those 2 HILUX Toyota pickup trucks is that we are not "LOCKED in" with only making them as intended by the manufacturer... as the Terrorists or Freedom Fighters ride of choice !!!

The War on Terror Forces are also making great use of those very same vehicle.... with a few Local Mods !!!

6522755977_37eba2a8a4_z.jpg

junepatrol124.jpg

SCHWEINHUND ,

WOW !! Great Pix !! NOW that 1st picture is AWESOME !! Look at th Camo netting etc .... Yeah Dude This Hi-Lux kit looks Great !!

Thanx for posting th Pix !!

\m/

Latest posts

Back