Perfect Painting Guide 2

Biskup

PPG2.jpg
Just before Christmas I received a book Perfect Painting Guide 2 by Nobuyoshi Ochi, whom appeared in several programs from Plamo Tsukurou series. The book discusses in great detail airbrush usage and cleaning. We also find in it the explanation of pre-shading and post-shading method. It presents various types of paints, along with the way their dilution. One of the sections illustrates the ways of masking with tape and using different types of masking fluids. It also thoroughly discussed the ways of applying decal and polishing of kits to achieve a high gloss finish. There are also discussed ways of modifying the models and making small dioramas. I highly recommend this book not only to novice modelers, but also to those experienced ones.

Hey Biskup, is this book in English or Japanese or both? The cover looks cool. I have a 1/144 Gundam kit, I believe I have the model of the one they show on the cover. Does this book cover the painting guide for this particular kit?

Hi Tanker52,
This book is in Japanese.
It covers building and painting of many kits, including the one from cover.
Regards
Lukasz

sunsanvil said:
Would someone who does not read Japanese still get some good info from the pictures?
Loads of it.
Unfortunately I don't know Japanese but this kind of book are great because of the amount of pictures. You will need to think about some things that are in the pictures. Try them out couple of times but you will get there. That's what I'm doing.
Cheers

+1

A great bok and others from the same editor and collection are must-have-volumes !

You can find one about scratching your kits (about Gundam), the first one about painting... A lot of picturs, don't need to read japanese to understand it all.

YOULI I wanted to ask you if by any chance you know what’s the difference between Perfect Painting Guide and DX one?
Cheers

I'm not home actually and not really sure what references you're talking abut :D

But I do know there is a painting guide, in 2 volumes, from Hobby Japan, the first one has 20 or 25 years (the covers represent a robot hand made of kit parts grasping some tools, brushes, etc.).
The Perfect Painting Guide from Dengeki Hobby Magazine is different in the way it's mainly about Gundam, a little "classic" themes, using modern tools and modern kits.

There's a number of "guides" in Japan. I bought most of them in order to help me, and my friends, to apprehend the building and painting techniques qui like so much in HK and DHM.

I only have the one from 2003, excellent, one of my favorite...

The DX seems to be bigger, and edited in 2010 so one may think it's a modernised version of the old edition ?
All in all, it seems that the younger one is the winner IMHO :D

Thanks for sharing with me this information. Will look after it in Paris :D

Latest posts

Back