Pearl Harbor P-40

I got her all buttoned up less the lighting details. Local Hobby shop is out of the transparent colors I need so I'm going to have to wait till next week to finish the lights. But here are the pics of her all together. This was a very fun build, and fitting I finished her up on Veterans Day.

20420140.jpg

20620140.jpg

20820140.jpg

20a20140.jpg

20c20140.jpg

20e20140.jpg

21020140.jpg

21220140.jpg

21620140.jpg

21820140.jpg

21e20140.jpg

Excellent finish, and you do a really great job of highlighting the kit's finer points, too. I really have to get one now, for my collection of P-40s.

Is it correct, the rudder is a separate piece? It looks like I can see daylight where the elevators meet the rudder and the vertical stabilizer. Or did you detail that area yourself? Either way, it's a beautiful finish for a nice little kit, well done!

the Baron said:
Is it correct, the rudder is a separate piece? It looks like I can see daylight where the elevators meet the rudder and the vertical stabilizer. Or did you detail that area yourself? Either way, it's a beautiful finish for a nice little kit, well done!

Yes, the rudder is a seperate piece o this kit. It has been a blast to build. I have bought 4 of them already. For the money it is at the top of the board as far as 1/72 P-40 kits go. Airfix nocked it out of the park on this one as well as about 7 other kits I have bought from them recently. Dollar for dollar they are top notch. I have their new 1/72 P-51D kit about 50% finished and so far it is an awesome little kit as well. Fit and finish is top notch on it also. Not to sound like a salesmen for them, but I was shocked to see how nice their newly tooled kits were when I first got them. I highly recommend them.

I noticed you’re using Tamiya paints, what ratio paint/thinner and at what PSI. Thank you, Pierre

Latest posts

Back