Parts Stash

ScarredKustoms

Whatcha building!?
OK we have seen your man cave/workshop, we have seen your model stash. I was sorting through my stash today and thought "How about showing off your parts stash". I'm sure if you have been modeling for awhile you have one. If your new to the hobby maybe this will give you some ideas of what you will be looking at in a few years.

I have been modeling for 30+ years and have a collection of parts that I am pretty proud of. Doesn't help that I don't like to throw much out. :p

The clear spot on the floor is where I have been sitting for the last couple hours sorting parts. I used to do this once a year and haven't done it in about 4.

RF182808.jpg

I am bad for buying kits just for parts. Here is my collection of sprues with parts still attached. Have Some old Johan sprues in there even.

RF182810.jpg

I mostly build automotive models so I have a collection of motor parts all separated. Makes finding a part I need if I am modifying a kit motor or scratch building something.

RF182812.jpg

6 gallon tote half full of interiors and car bodies and I'm not done sorting. Plus I have 5 or 6 zip lock bags full of models that I have built and they have fallen apart from being packed and moved so many times I sorted and found most the parts to put them back together just haven't got to them yet.

RF182814.jpg

Just some of my tires. Used to only buy the 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 kits ... Just for the extra parts :p

RF132799.jpg

Engines and seats/interior pieces

RF182813.jpg

Odd ball parts and misc smalls ... the box on the right is what I'm still sorting :-\

RF182811.jpg

So that's my stash of parts, lets see yours!

This is why I mainly work with 28mm minis. I can fit thousands of tiny heads and weapons and stuff into a single bucket. The lead also protects me from nuclear fallout.

Come on you guy I feel like I'm hoarding all the parts ... lol

@AKE LOL @ safe from nuclear fallout

Guess I should build something using just parts ... Or a dozen or so somethings. :p

well, would you happen to have a windshield to a 1968 corvette roadster two in one kit? XD

13aceofspades13 said:
well, would you happen to have a windshield to a 1968 corvette roadster two in one kit? XD

I have a gallon zip lock bag of clear parts I might. Not sure if I would recognize it. Will look at your vette and try and compare.

ScarredKustoms said:
13aceofspades13 said:

I have a gallon zip lock bag of clear parts I might. Not sure if I would recognize it. Will look at your vette and try and compare.

if you have one i will try to save up money for it, as you can plainly see the winshield on my corvette is cracked right down the middle, and unless i spend 19 bucks on a new kit to get a winshield i might as well make a whole new body for the road ace.

@Ace Found one that goes to my 4 door vette kit ... It's so old it's frosted tried to see if something else was close but the vette has curves on the edges ... Sorry I couldn't help. I plan on rebuilding the 4 door in the future so hold off on buying a new kit ... I might be buying 2 vettes to rebuild this out of production kit.

Oh maybe not... Found one on ebay, Don't know if I will bid on it though :-\
http://cgi.ebay.com/Monogram-Corvette-America-4-Door-1-24-Model-Kit-SEALED-/130497882060

Latest posts

Back