Panzer Spazierengehen

Junkie

Thank you Google Translate:
Panzer Spazierengehen = Walking Tank...

I have a small project on the bench however after that I'm going to jump over here with a Tamiya King Tiger kit...and try my hand at a walking tank.

3560.jpg

really looking forward to it Scott i know you will do a Cracker of a job on it

Totally. I visit those sites every few months and soak it all in.

Been researching the 'walking tank' idea. I want to build something 'plausible', believable. For that to be there has to be a reason why it was developed...not only a reason, but no other solution worked.

I'm thinking the Nazis wiped out most Allie forces, and their Air force and Armies...but pockets of rebels remain. These rebels, and the war, leveled forests; preventing tanks from entering their strongholds. Therefore the walking tank was engineered to overcome the stumps and fallen tree, and be able to march into Rebel territory in an effort to wipe all resistance from the face of Landderbäume (land of Trees... formerly North America). You say, well the German airforce would do that job...but no...let's say they no longer have an effective airforce - too cold up North etc..., and what they have left remains to fight versus uprisings in South America. It's too cold up North...but Hitler's heir wants complete control.

The rebels' small arms won't 'kill them' despite their hydraulics and random instability. They aren't refined however they do the trick of advancing large guns into a dead, fallen forest, to knock out bunkers and hold ups.

Something like that...3 or 4 legged, short barrel. Bipedal won't work. This has been done, and done pretty cool by Mig (Fitchen Foo), I think Ma.K and a couple others.

I'm gonna take a crack at it, but I'll add that I do want to keep it 'believable' although it will certainly be a stretch.

Cool stuff Ferris...just Googled that, some really great ideas. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back