Panzer IV - H

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
Got this old Italeri Panzer IV at a model show for only $5.00. With so many Uber-detailed, expensive kits out there, I thought I'd detail-up this basic kit.Starting with the turret.....detailed commander's hatch, added AA mount/gun,
post sight, and bullet splash ring. Corrected G model turret roof to H model(removed 2nd vent and covered). Also
added wire handles to turret. Added gunner's sight anti-glare shield. Scratchbuilt turret interior; added missing
breach, mg gun, vents, fans, seats, turret ring, etc. Corrected drivers/radio ops hatches from G to H model pattern.
Removed G model 2nd headlight and covered mount hole. Replaced kit tools with Tamiya ones. Added brackets to
tools. Shutzen shield supports added to fenders. Detailed rear idler supports, corrected tow hitch, and added cold
start port. Milliput zimmerit added to tank. Panzergrenadiers made from spares box. Street and building made from
styrene. Painted with Vallejo acrylics. Handpainted markings.
modpic25265.jpg
modpic25267.jpg
modpic25260.jpg
modpic25263.jpg
modpic25264.jpg
Submitted for your approval or rancor. Thanks for viewing. Bill

Holy Crap, Bill! Where do you start when commenting on this model. The camo on the figures is amazing and the neverending annt. to detail is great...bullet hole in exhaust...rifle straps...cutom poses on the figures... Just great. bye the way which one of those guys on the tank farted?

Rob W.

wow the detail in every aspect of the dio is quality the colours are again quality my favourite which i find the hardest to replicate are the figures 10/10 for this buddy

geegad

You did a great job creating a scene, you could really think that this happened and that its a still shot from back then. Awesome job!

Bill, great work on the dio... the soldier on the front is almost fallen face first. :eek:

Again... 20 ktns of pure action & motion packed in this model / dio, Bill ! :)
´
A superb conversion & model, man... and for a 5$ model kit ! awesome !! you seem to be a modelling alchemist that transmutates lead into gold... ;D
´
Everything is superb, Bill, the painting of the figs is terrific.
KEEP ON!
Cheers
RG

Bill,

smashing work on the Dio, all of the great detailing you did paid off.
I really like the poses of the figures and the sense of action the scene gives.
The scene from Band of Brothers cames to mind, when they are riding on the tank hull and come into contact in holland

great stuff,

shane

A bow of great appreciation, my friends. Did tons of work on the Mk.IV. Enjoy Polishing rough ones to
little gems(well semi-precious anyway). The figures were alot of fun as well.
@Rentar1, farted? HaHaHa.
@Jelly, too much praise, my friend, I'll be impossible to live with. Thanks.
Hail and Salutations. Bill

Latest posts

Back