Panzer 2 Ausf C

Phil57

This Tamiya Panzer II Ausf C is my first go at a diorama/vignette. Whilst I like to look at complex dio's relating to armored vehicles situated in a WW2 setting, I am not really wanting to try and produce the same. I prefer just a simple base so to speak where I can display my vehicles. I learnt a lot doing this one and made quite a few mistakes, but it is a learning experience and hopefully I can just get better with each project. I am pretty ordinary with figure painting although I think my two figures in the later Sherman I have just completed are slightly better. I have spent a lot of time watching how to paint figures on You Tube but putting that information into practice is a different matter entirely. I am thinking of trying oils next time rather than acrylics for my figures and especially the flesh tones.
I know the two trees in this display are a bit ordinary but they were cheap ones meant for model railways. I tried my best to make them look a bit more practical and for now they will do. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• _DSC3335-Edit.jpg
    _DSC3335-Edit.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 13
  • _DSC3338-Edit.jpg
    _DSC3338-Edit.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 13
  • _DSC3336-Edit.jpg
    _DSC3336-Edit.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 13
This Tamiya Panzer II Ausf C is my first go at a diorama/vignette. Whilst I like to look at complex dio's relating to armored vehicles situated in a WW2 setting, I am not really wanting to try and produce the same. I prefer just a simple base so to speak where I can display my vehicles. I learnt a lot doing this one and made quite a few mistakes, but it is a learning experience and hopefully I can just get better with each project. I am pretty ordinary with figure painting although I think my two figures in the later Sherman I have just completed are slightly better. I have spent a lot of time watching how to paint figures on You Tube but putting that information into practice is a different matter entirely. I am thinking of trying oils next time rather than acrylics for my figures and especially the flesh tones.
I know the two trees in this display are a bit ordinary but they were cheap ones meant for model railways. I tried my best to make them look a bit more practical and for now they will do. Thanks for looking.
Looking pretty good to me.
Pantherman

Thanks Pantherman. I do like it for a first attempt but certainly some glaring mistakes. Still, that is how we learn I guess.
We do learn by our mistakes, I should be pretty good at this in about 30 years judging by mine!
Pantherman

I really do hope your wrong about the 30 years....I will be 95 by then....
We had better start practicing a little bit more. I aim for 4 tanks a year with some figures and odd bit's of kit in between. Maybe the odd diorama as well.
Pantherman

That seems a reasonable target. Me, I just finish one then shop for another. So far this year I have two completed but I didn't start until April. So with that in mind and using your target as a reference point, I am hoping that by the time I do 30 AFV's (at 4 a year) I should be much better and only 73.....sounds much better.

Phil

Just found this one whilst trying to see your Matilda Phil......
... Gotta say mate,that is very nice indeed, lovely stuff :)
Andy

Just found this one whilst trying to see your Matilda Phil......
... Gotta say mate,that is very nice indeed, lovely stuff :)
Andy
Thanks Andy. I haven't finished the Matilda yet. Still a figure to go then I will show the completed model and work on a base.

Latest posts

Back