Panther A Late Production

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Right compressor is back tomorrow so i can Finish up my Sd.kfz 223 so ill be starting this and it will be for just the Armor Cat.

_MG_3365.jpg

here is a list of what will be used

Friul Tracks/Panther Drive Wheels
Atak Zimmerit
Rbmodel shackels
ArmorScale AA Brass Roof plate
Karaya Tow cables
Griffon Model - Panther D & A Engine Deck Armour
Rbmodel airel mount/airel

if your wondering about my stalingrad dio that will get finished too. i hope...

well made a start, And i started with some Zimm ill start adding parts tomorrow :)
_MG_3375.jpg
_MG_3374.jpg
_MG_3373.jpg
_MG_3370.jpg
_MG_3369.jpg
_MG_3368.jpg

I love panthers, both the steel and the furry kind. Looking forward to this one.

ill be finished the 223 entry today or tomorrow all that needs is teh exausts fit and paint the base. the other one im waiting on wheels to arive for that and i can finish building that one. there will be a little pressure on me but it dont matter if i finish or not :)

Ok back at this one tonight and got all the wheels cleaned up and the suspension arms in place, Its all just dry fit for the mo,
_MG_3404.jpg

Finally an update on this.

i got the top plate on and it was a fecker to get on it was warped and i think the resulting warp has warped my tub, ill check that out tonorrow.

_MG_3446.jpg

i went with the kit track holders on the rear as the Pe ones are just way to flimsy for my liking, not a big fan of the pe sheet in this kist as its as thin as paper
_MG_3448.jpg

this Bin was was grand until it came to the hinges and i gave up trying to get the wire in and just glued the lid shut
_MG_3447.jpg

SPUD,

Coming along nicely !! Poundin' it out ! That particular run of DML Panthers are a bit of a Fecker. I had th same Lower/Upper hull problem on th Cyberhobby/Dragon Berge-Panther mit Pz. IV turret. This one has th Colored instructions ??
That particular kit suffered. It's a shame They never fixed it. & I agree th P.E. in that kit is way too thin. Congrats on skirting that & goin' with th styrene bits./ They are actually closer to scale thickness than th P.E. parts. That's th one hang up with th DML P.E. - They "print" everything on one sheet. So th thinest part - the Screens are correct but everything else suffers. ..... Tisk~tisk DML !

As far as th hinges go .... There's one tool that I have that's indispensable for this ! I love mine - It's Griffon's Workable Hinge & Handle maker. It has graduated holes on th side for different sized wire. Check out this DYI I did a while back - http://www.network54.com/Forum/95064/thread/1277309346/HOW+To-+Making+Workable+Hinges+Griffon+Style+%21%21 - I had it posted here , but since th Make-Over .. I can't find it .. It's here somewhere.

Griffon's Workable Hing maker .. made it a breeze & fun to do workable hinges. I no longer cringe when that come up on a build !!

Griffon's Workable Hinge/Handle maker - http://www.griffonmodel.com/product_view.asp?id=21&classid=4

This Panther is Rockin ... I'm lookin' forward to seein more Brotha' !!

\m/

Spud, you are an armor factory, a behemoth machine! I went through all of the contest build threads and I think you have like 4ish? 5ish? entries - and all of them are quality work [not to say, I'm really loving your photography!]! ;D

Tigers, and lions, and bears oh my... 8)

lol fruit i have 3 i will Defo get the 223 finished and if i get my compressor back i may just get this one done, it will be close, if i dont get it back friday i doubt ill get it doen in time.

Erik would you beleve i had that tool in my basket last week on Historex and dumped it at the last second, I will Order it this week for sure, and im glad you agree with me on the pe.

Did you get any time to work on your bulds Erik?

Howdy Spuddy ;)

I love that Zimm scheme that you´ve picked, the squared one...

I suppose that you´re going to paint the whole Panther plain "yellow", am I right ??

Go on, Spud ;)
RG

it will be disc camo jelly like tony done on his spg, Its prob not 100% accurate but i dont care i just want to have some fun with this one

spud said:
it will be disc camo jelly like tony done on his spg, Its prob not 100% accurate but i dont care i just want to have some fun with this one

8) Thumbs UP Spud... IMHO that´s the best policy... ;)

Latest posts

Back