Panhard AML-90 and Renault VAB

HWR MKII

The AML 90 is the ACE kit and the VAB is the Heller kit. Oddly enough the VAB came with a resin and Photoetch update set to make it an ambulance variant. I didnt feel like doing that but i used the common parts to update the standard version. Im still adding details to it but should have it ready for paint soon. I am using extra photoetch parts from an M1 set to dress it up a bit more. I also replaced the overly thick M2 browning with a more scale looking sample by revell

The AML 90 is mostly out of the box with very little added or modified. Like most ACE kits it requires alot of perperation. However once its cleaned up it assembles nicely and looks good. Im still thinking of a suitable base for it. Nothing elaborate just a setting to ground it. The instructions were a little confusing in some spots but a look at primeportal cleared some things up. Kudos to ACE for making another unusual subject available and enjoyable to build.
modelpics012-2.jpg
modelpics011-1.jpg
modelpics010-1.jpg

modelpics008-3.jpg
modelpics007-2.jpg
modelpics006-2.jpg

HWR,

Cool builds !!! Th VAB looks Beastly !! I like it's stance. Looks like you have a good head of steam so far ! I like all of th P.E. I'm lookin' forward to seeing that one finished ! Th AML is lookin' good to.

Thanx for sharing !

Very cool Sean. That VAB is such a neat looking rig, really cool. Your AML build is super.

You must have quite a collection of these small scale kits by now - you're really cranking them out but with tons of detail.

You do some great work. I am sure alot of people look at these and thing 1/35.....people....these are 1/72, which makes the work in something that small so much more!!

Latest posts

Back