Painting in Black and White

ShutterAce

Ok Guys and Gals,

Have you ever painted a kit to look like a B&W photo? I'm looking for anything anybody wants to throw out there. I'm want to try it on my current project. It sounded like a good idea. ;D :p ::)

photobucket-10035-1342912290634.jpg

Same ^

I've seen a couple armor dios in black and white that were really cool. 'Bracketed' comes to mind as it was in some publication called 'How to Build Armor Dioramas'.

One I've seen was a piece of German armor, half the dio was black and white, the other half was in color. IIRC, one half might have had a soldier and was meant to represent the period and the other half was like a modern day display piece with an old man and a kid or something.

I've seen one that was done, can't wait to see how you do this,

Ken Abrams said:
One I've seen was a piece of German armor, half the dio was black and white, the other half was in color. IIRC, one half might have had a soldier and was meant to represent the period and the other half was like a modern day display piece with an old man and a kid or something.
If I'm not mistaken you are referring to Sven Frisch Srturmtiger:
http://www.migproductionsforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4042&p=49357&hilit=sturmtiger#p49357

ShutterAce - that's a great idea. In last issue of Amazing Figure Modeler there is an article on painting a figure from Dracula movie in black and white. It' nicely explain so if you have a chance of getting this mag it should help

wow that is really cool. he has captured the colors perfectly

That does look like the one, even though I don't see figures (but I don't think it was complete yet either)

Thanks for finding that. 8)

Thanks for that link Biskup. very helpful.

I played around last night with a few different grays. I learned that this is going to take some thinking. Not too much though because I'm out of time on this one. I really need to finish it up by tomorrow night so that I can display it Thursday night. :eek:

Off to the bench.

I don't know if this will help but try to find a reference photo. If in color take it to a photo editor and convert it to black and white. That might help with the black, white and grey shades.

Latest posts

Back