Paint job

One advantageous quality of acrylic paints is that they are transparent . This facilitates color modulation when layering .
One disadvantageous quality of acrylic paints is that they are transparent , ;)
You will need to use multiple , thin coats of that black to get total opacity .

Why aren't you using a primer ?

Didn’t have primer. And was anxious to start. I will pick it up. First time doing a model other than when I was like 12 which was 50 years ago. And I just glued it together then painted it any old way. Back then models cost 2.99. Seems like a reward hobby. So just learning.

Didn’t have primer. And was anxious to start. I will pick it up. First time doing a model other than when I was like 12 which was 50 years ago. And I just glued it together then painted it any old way. Back then models cost 2.99. Seems like a reward hobby. So just learning.
I'd suggest you invest in good quality brushes if your gonna be hand painting, I personally go to Micheals or hobby lobby and pick up a few brushes every few months from the medium quality lines they make a hell of a difference but the tips need conditioning after a few uses but that's my fault for my care of them most likely.

I never understood why kits like Testers enamel would put those plastic. Thick bristle brushes in there kits.. how the heck do you paint fine clean detail with a bristle brush that doesn't hold much paint and spreads it like a fricken rake...

I always prime my kits, other times I don’t. Sounds like maybe you over thinned it a little bit?

As far as brushes for handbrushing... get only Red Sable brushes. Don’t buy the cheap artist brushes. Ask me how I know....

Latest posts

Back