P-61 Black Widow

GaryG64

I'm already planning my next build. I've been looking at the P-61 Black Widow. I have not seen one from Tamiya I have seen this kit under other companies like Revell, Monogram, and Hobby Boss.
I've put the Monogram kit in my ebay cart because it appears to show engine maintenance.
When I was young I would build from Revell and Monogram as that was the staple of models back in the day for me. With that said, this kit looks like it is a really old kit, from 50 years ago, which might mean a lot of flash, pin marks, possible gaps and some misaligned fittings.
Has anyone built this kit recently, or so, to help clarify my worries?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230601_192446_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230601_192446_eBay.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230601_192705_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230601_192705_Gallery.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 6
Old kit with raised panel lines, but it should be an enjoyable build. Any issues that come up would be the basic issues from a kit that is old versus any new boxings. From what I've seen and read it is still a solid kit and it there seems to be some Youtube videos featuring builds of this kit that might help.

Old kit with raised panel lines, but it should be an enjoyable build. Any issues that come up would be the basic issues from a kit that is old versus any new boxings. From what I've seen and read it is still a solid kit and it there seems to be some Youtube videos featuring builds of this kit that might help.
Thank you for your feedback.

Latest posts

Back