Ozzie Ma.K Modelling in Hobby Japan - May Issue!

Lincoln Wright

hjcover-1.jpg

Hello! It’s been some time since any updates from my side and apologies on this. A few things happening of late in Japan and just to let my friends here know, my family, friends and myself here in Japan are all fine and safe. It’s been a tough time and more challenges ahead but moving forward, more fun with cool plastic models!!

This month in Hobby Japan’s series, “Ma.K in SF3D” features… me! Really! Yokoyama Sensei came up with an excellent name too- Ozzie Ma.K Modelling in Japan. I’m extremely grateful to Yokoyama-san for allowing me to represent the hobby in this issue and especially grateful to Max Watanabe for suggesting the idea of a “Lin.K Special” and for taking a holiday. Of course, Max Watanabe will be back twice as good next month both in Hobby Japan and in his new book, Ma.K in SF3D Max Watanabe Loves Ma.K – Bon Voyage!]

I’ve appeared in a few editions here and there but just a photo or two as an unnamed Photo Bomber, this one is a more of an introduction and being introduced by both Yokoyama Sensei and Max Watanabe is such a privilege and honour.

Here’s a couple of quick photos, will update again with better quality soft copy docs and will translate into English so you can all laugh at me too.

If you’d like to buy a copy, please check out either Amazon Japan or Hobby Link Japan. If anyone is interested in signed copy with witty remarks, please email me and we can work out a way for you to buy and send to me and then me to you. They will be sold out again as always and it will cost too much money but just thought I could through that out there.

Thanks for lookin'!

Linc

P.S. I'm not in this for my looks... :p

Ozzie-Ma.K-Modelling-in-Japan1.jpg

Ozzie-Ma.K-Modelling-in-Japan2.jpg

Ozzie-Ma.K-Modelling-in-Japan3.jpg

Congratulations my friend.
Where can I buy an issue that's signed? ;)
Cheers

Biskup - thanks and great to hear from you. Sure, I'll send you one.

Scott - thanks man!! Breaking the gaijin barrier. It's impossible for even locals to get featured in HJ so a big honour. I'm in good with the J-modelling-mafi!

Haggistom - cheers and thank you very much. ^^

I will gladly bye one from you if that's not too much of inconvenience.
I can always grab a copy with next order at HLJ.
Cheers M8

That is really outstanding. I can only imagine what it must feel like to have your work published.

thanks Biskup!

Cheers SLW45. Being published is quite nice and I've been lucky to have a handful of models published. The difference with this article is that it's me the modeller being published, it's a "Lin.K" special. Now that's a buzz and in Hobby Japan no less - the one that started this branch of modelling. SF3D!! Not sure it translates around the world but for a Ma.K modeller it doesn't get any better. ;D

Latest posts

Back