Oshkosh M977 HEMTT GUNTRUCK

HWR MKII

I will be basing it on the academy 1/72 kit. I have just started some basic subassemblies and adding armor plate to the bed and cab. Will have some pics up when i have more of a result up. I am posting a pic of what i hope the end result will resemble.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok so i have actually been working on this for about 3 days on and off now. Since i have cut open the doors i will need to detail the interior. I have tried to do this based on the refs i have available. I still need to add the standing platform for the gunner station in the cab. Theres a plate that goes over the seat for the gunner to stand on.
I am also adding other essential details that are missing over the other areas.Academy does a decent job making the base vehicle kit go together but they fall short on alot of the fine details that they are quite capable of.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thats looking very good ! The scratching is very nice ,especially considering the scale :)

Chris.

Thanks guys. I just made all the plumbing for the crane at the rear and the control levers. also armor plated the doors and found a selection of weapons to mount in the back. Some M249 derivatives, a 50 cal, Mk 19 grenade launchers...a minigun...Its coming along slowly but surely.

Wouldnt be too difficult in 1/35. Question is how far do you want to detail the initial cargo truck. all the other stuff is add on. I also believe there is a german company that makes a conversion as well.

Awesome work fella !! I love the cab ...and the Hi-Ab ...brilliant :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back