Oops. Wrong section

TimM63

Greetings all,
I have been trying to find a display case that will fit the Tamiya 1/350 USS Missouri. I have not been able to find one long enough.
I am thinking I might have to have one custom made.
Anyone have any sources? Thanks in advance.

I don't know where you're located, but if you're in the US, look for the craft stores, Michael's, and HobbyLobby. They sell display cases of various styles and sizes. Or try a sports memorabilia and collectibles dealer. There are cases made to display baseball bats, that are a good size to display a 1/350 scale ship model. I got that idea years ago from one of the forums, from a build of Trumpeter's USS Hornet (CV-8) in 1/350. The modeler got a baseball bat case to display his finished model. Note that the particular style of case was with clear sides all around, and a clear top. There are other display cases for baseball bats that are more of a shadowbox, with solid sides all around, and only the top, or the side facing out, is clear.

I don't know where you're located, but if you're in the US, look for the craft stores, Michael's, and HobbyLobby. They sell display cases of various styles and sizes. Or try a sports memorabilia and collectibles dealer. There are cases made to display baseball bats, that are a good size to display a 1/350 scale ship model. I got that idea years ago from one of the forums, from a build of Trumpeter's USS Hornet (CV-8) in 1/350. The modeler got a baseball bat case to display his finished model. Note that the particular style of case was with clear sides all around, and a clear top. There are other display cases for baseball bats that are more of a shadowbox, with solid sides all around, and only the top, or the side facing out, is clear.
Thank you. I will take a look at Michael's and Hobby Lobby as I have both close by.
I appreciate the response.:)

Latest posts

Back