On the way to the paint shop.

WildD0G

Hi there. I smell thinners and paint and glue?
Are you guys sniffing it?
Anyway, was just a sniff I picked up, perhaps it’s me.
So I’ve now painted the bugger some primer. Which seemed to be a bit grainy. I decided to abandon the sanding process. This will be my first airbrush aircraft. Also my first build.
As stated somewhere else, there’s lots of lessons learnt a40C0CFE5-9E96-46DC-A580-2F0B94134D20.jpegnd mistakes made, so it probably won’t win a show.
The primer is a rattle can.
This morning I’ve started with the bottom using the airbrush for the first time. Wow, wow, wow! I love it!
Here’s a glimpse.
You all have a good day.
WD

So I’ve now painted the bugger some primer. Which seemed to be a bit grainy. I decided to abandon the sanding process. This will be my first airbrush aircraft. Also my first build.
As stated somewhere else, there’s lots of lessons learnt aView attachment 92694nd mistakes made, so it probably won’t win a show.
This morning I’ve started with the bottom using the airbrush for the first time. Wow, wow, wow! I love it!
Here’s a glimpse.
You all have a good day.
WD
I recently started using an airbrush and although it's a cheap one I love using it, I will also have to admit to loving cleaning it just as much!! Happy spraying.
Irishvic

I'm not sure what your paint area looks like, but all of the grit in my paintwork is almost exclusively from the dust that will forever be in the (probably) 40 year old carpet of my build room.
I do notice that humidity, particulates, or whatever tend to plague me more with rattle cans than the AB... now this could just be that I use rattle cans in the basement or outside because the build room holds onto the fumes too long.
At any rate if you are in your dry season now the low humidity could be causing an excess of static electricity. I haven't purposefully tried any of these, but a few things to try for cutting static would be to spray atomized water around your work bench before working (I just read this... and seems like it may not be best for right before painting, lol). If you wash your kit you could try adding a bit of white vinegar to the wash to cut static.
And lastly grounding. I use metal alligator clips, but I've heard of people just letting there kit rest on brass before painting to de-static it. Or a soldering strap/grounding cable may work too.

I'm not sure what your paint area looks like, but all of the grit in my paintwork is almost exclusively from the dust that will forever be in the (probably) 40 year old carpet of my build room.
I do notice that humidity, particulates, or whatever tend to plague me more with rattle cans than the AB... now this could just be that I use rattle cans in the basement or outside because the build room holds onto the fumes too long.
At any rate if you are in your dry season now the low humidity could be causing an excess of static electricity. I haven't purposefully tried any of these, but a few things to try for cutting static would be to spray atomized water around your work bench before working (I just read this... and seems like it may not be best for right before painting, lol). If you wash your kit you could try adding a bit of white vinegar to the wash to cut static.
And lastly grounding. I use metal alligator clips, but I've heard of people just letting there kit rest on brass before painting to de-static it. Or a soldering strap/grounding cable may work too.
Thanks Mork, will def keep it in mind.

As stated somewhere else, there’s lots of lessons learnt aView attachment 92694nd mistakes made, so it probably won’t win a show.
Here’s a glimpse.
You all have a good day.
WD
We all have been there, each build will be better then the last. I started with a inexpensive testers airbrush, now i own a pair of Iwata air brushes and there compressor. You can also make one of these little buggers, a decanter. use any spray paint, pull off the spray valve and carefully install this and spray all the paint you need into a separate jar, let it sit and gas out for 30 minutes and use it in your airbrush, now you have precision control of the paint instead of the full pressure of a spray can,Model on.decanter.jpg

Latest posts

Back