OLD 1/32 Revell P-47

DaneBramage

This was a freebie from a guy I have never met on the net. Modelers are the greatest guys!!!!!

revellP_47_002.jpg
The white piece is a missing piece that I had to scratch build!! Turned out much better than I thought it would. Finally glad I got that cordless "rotary tool"

revellP_47_003.jpg

revellP_47_004.jpg

revellP_47_005.jpg

revellP_47_006.jpg

revellP_47_007.jpg

revellP_47_111.jpg

revellP_47_101.jpg

revellP_47_106.jpg

revellP_47_110.jpg

revellP_47_102.jpg

revellP_47_103.jpg

revellP_47_105.jpg

Basically I have slapped this baby together to test out and get more comfortable with these Alclad lacquers!!! I started with the engine (on the MiG-21) . The really shiny parts are the untreated Alclad polished Aluminum. They are impressive.

DaneBramage said:
Basically I have slapped this baby together to test out and get more comfortable with these Alclad lacquers!!! I started with the engine (on the MiG-21) . The really shiny parts are the untreated Alclad polished Aluminum. They are impressive.

sweet!

Alclads are hard to beat ,going to be doing a Jug myself soon ;D....This one is looking sweet !...Always nice when a stranger gives ya a kit ;D...dont happen to me very often tho' ::)

Chris.

What a HOG of an engine!
I always liked the P-47s, they struck me as too big for what I conceived of as a "Fighter" plane.
Big ol' battle wagons!
I assembled/painted one back in High School. Monogram, I believe, it was the Razorback version and had an Indian head insignia for nose art.......Awwwww......Memories. ;D

ModelMakerMike said:
What a HOG of an engine!
I always liked the P-47s, they struck me as too big for what I conceived of as a "Fighter" plane.
Big ol' battle wagons!
I assembled/painted one back in High School. Monogram, I believe, it was the Razorback version and had an Indian head insignia for nose art.......Awwwww......Memories. ;D

ah... yea that was the jug alright, a flying tank! its quite durable.

Look at all those beautiful rivets! Those were the days.......

Good luck with the project! It will be awesome! AlClad and all....

Latest posts

Back