Oh meine Güte!

TRM

Hello,

Yeah, like a bullet shot into the air, never knowing where I will land!! LOL!! I am putting together a small vignette for something and figured I would take a break from all the projects going on and attack something!

First thing I will need for this is a figure :p...I happened to have this head (below) that I had painted a while back but never finished putting the body together for yet another failed attempt on the shelf! This seemed to fit what I was looking to convey with this build...."Oh my Goodness" ...translated from the subject above.

012-1.jpg

So.......tonight after supper, I ran downstairs and grabbed the srue with the body on it, sanded, glued and went after this with an airbrush.

016-1.jpg

The body, hat and left arm ready for some priming. First coat was a little K4 Dark Sand. Yes, this works well for a primer and it dries quickly. Also I would normally use something like A Tamiya Dark Yellow or Desert Yellow for a base coat and the K4 version was close to it!

019-1.jpg

Next up, came a little flesh color. Using K4's Flesh C I highlighted the bare skin areas.

022-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

After a couple minutes of drying time, I took some K4 Flesh A and dusted the bare skin areas. I then loaded some Tamiya Khaki and shot the majority of the fella's shorts and his hat.

029-1.jpg

Back at the K4, Flesh B to accent some areas on the skin.

031.jpg

Why wait when you need not to...upstairs I went, grabbed some oils, popped a couple dots, blended to lighten the flesh tones and then a really light dry brush to the shirt, shorts and boots.

034-1.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

The figure is essentially done for the moment. I will allow the oils to dry for a bit, and then I will seal and then apply a real light wash to pick out some details. In the meanwhile (tomorrow..LOL) I will cut a small base and begin some ground works.

As always I thank you for stopping by!!!

Thanks Scott!! LOL...I seem to always have a mental barrier when it comes to figure work. I suppose If I do enough of these I won't only get better but be more comfortable with them!!! ;)

wowee, I think this is the first time I see you doin' a fig T!!!! :eek:

Like it, he looks a bit sad though :'( ;D

Cheers

Hi Wouts!! Not the first one...LOL...I think I have completed one, maybe two, but this seemed to move along nicely. Stay tuned for some ground work stuff. I will make up a base today and get some base going!!!

Thanks a bunch spud!! Always a pleasure having you in my corner!!! ;)

Thank you Mike!!! Appreciate it!! Only wish it were a bit later here....the wife would frown upon me firing up the table saw at 8am on a Sunday!! LOL!! :eek:

LOL...I will try that!! I might have to make a call... her aunt is a Nun too, I feel an intervention coming on!! ;D

Hey There!!

Time to start the second part of this "multifaceted" project.

Time to start the base section. With a plaque I had, umm, lying around I started some construction. Thinking this is set somewhere in North Africa, I decided to use some creative license here and go with a somewhat Romanesque remnants on this scene.

033.jpg

Using mostly items at hand here at the house ans some Millput, the basic structure is laid out on a piece of plastic card stock, offset for interest.

037.jpg

Having some time to have at this, I laid down some grit infused paint for texture, Primed, Shaded, Hand painted some Vallejo Stone Grey followed by a couple of washes with some AK!

093.jpg

Off to put some "clutter" together for this one!! This is moving along pretty quickly as I have plans for a couple different items for this one. Will have another update soon!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

LOL...Thank you Mike!! It all comes down to having fun!! Right now....a bunch of fun projects going on!!! A good deal!!! ;)

Thanks spud!! You won't have to wait long on where the rest of this is going....seems to be in high gear!! The Modeling Gods seem to be on my side at the moment...so I will roll with it!!! ;D More to come soon!

Clutter:

I needed to break out some Armor Farm Printables.

008.jpg

BookReviewfinals018.jpg

This one was calling for a pallet.

BookReviewfinals009.jpg

And what is a Vignette without a damaged 55 gallon drum.

BookReviewfinals094.jpg

Of course the barrel with get some treatment along the way.

Finally, a little dry fit on the tiny man!!

A84-1.jpg

Thinking some of this gets glued and placed and I will be in some business to work some Armor Farm plant life.

Thanks for stopping in!!! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you!! Working on getting the "clutter" organized...so should be too long!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back