Oddball armor subjects

Junkie

Hi,
Just wondering what would be oddball armor subjects, and a kit is available.

Just stuff other than Shermans, Tigers, Panthers...the usual suspects.

paper panzers seem kind of odd to me, duno how you would concider it

What specifically do you mean Scott?

Oddball armour vehicles or kits? I can give you literally dozens of oddball AFV examples from all over the world.

Regards

I'm just looking for a subject that isn't common I guess. Oddball vehicles that are available as a kit.

I haven't seen a lot of Cold-War era Soviet stuff here recently. Lotsa kits out there, though... T-55/62/64/72/80, BTR-60/70/80, BMP-1/2/3, etc. I might have to rectify that this spring! ;)

What's a 'paper panzer'? Are those tanks that never made it past the blueprints?

Any of the french wheeled vehicles from modern times could be oddball. not many mainstream kits of any decent quality out there. AML-90 ECR-90 AMX10 and others. There are kits but not commonly done and greatly ignored.

NecronautDrummer said:
Oh yeah, a LeClerc or an AMX-30 would be cool!

BTW,
panzerace007 said:
, WTH is this?! What was it for?

ND ,

This was actually used to run through Mine fields. I'm not sure if it ever got past the test stage . there's at least one made ... somewhere in th world. There is also another cool one based on th Pz. II or either th Pz. IV chassis - a real High Rider - th "Monster Tank" of it's day .

http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/Alkett.htm - better clarification !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RPM-1-35-German-Minenraumer-Operation-Zitadel-35100-/120717696792 - Ouch ! There's another it of it .. I found this on E-Bay.

http://bkpforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5963 - I just stumbled onto this ! Looks really cool! You can see th one that is based off of a Pz. II Chassis !! Crazy !!

minenraumpanzer.jpg

Hey Scott,
You might try a "Buete" panzer. That's a Booty tank, captured and reserviced by the enemy,
type of vehicle.
A British Matilda tank in German markings, an American M3 Stuart tank in Japanese service,
or a Russian T34 in Finnish markings.
Believe it or not, but during the Normandy invasion, the German 21 division used all captured
French vehicles.
In war.....waste nothing.
Also, near the end of the war, there were plenty of pictures of US service men riding German
kettenkrads with field painted American stars on the side.
Good luck on your future projects.

If you are looking for odd try an Ontos Tank. Academy makes one in 1/35. Also there is a new wave of modern Chinese armor hitting the shelves lately. Some of their vehicles are actually cool looking being composed of cross engineered russian and western technology.

ive seen pics of thet Meng thing last night its a mine sweeper thing and looks really cool and its rather large going by the figure standing next to it

Pretty sure the Minenraumer is at Kubinka, just outside Moscow. (at least it was last I knew)

200910241732_Minenraumer%20Kubinka.jpg

Latest posts

Back