North Down Model Railway Society Show .

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi folks,

Well as soon as I returned from Scotland there was a two day show to attend .
Every year in April the North Down Model Railway Society Host a model show in the Leisure Centre in the County Down seaside town of Bangor .Its a well attended show and was run all day Saturday 21st April and from 1pm to 5pm on the Sunday (N.Ireland retail laws does not permit sales before 1pm on Sundays )
Although the show is run by the Model Railway Society its not just for trains ,there is all sorts of stuff to be seen there including Armour ,Aircraft ,Boats ,Model Engineering ,Radio controled and much more .
The following pics are in no particular order and I should add there is no competition at the show it is just a show .Sorry about some of the dodgy pics but I only had my phone with me . Anyhoo ....on with the pics .

Bangor Marina ,just down the road from the Leisure Centre ...

IMAG0149.jpg

The Modellers Nook Trade stand ,with Joe Barlow at the Helm .

IMAG0126.jpg

Overall view of the floor ,Its about your average sports hall size in the Leisure Centre.

IMAG0121.jpg

And everything else.......

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

Radio contolled Shackleton ..
IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

Completely scratchbuilt Twin piston steam engine for a paddle steamer ...quite impressive bit of work !

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

Meccano anybody ??

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

I cannot be blamed for the spelling in the picture below ...Its nothing to do with me !!!!

IMAG0148.jpg

All in all a couple of fun days :)

Chris.

Hey My Mum is from there, been there myself. Looks like it was a great time, wish I could have flown over and been there myself. Thank you for the look see!

Thanks guys ,It is mostly railway stuff ,but there is some other interesting things pop up ,its a good weekend :)

Oboat, my mother is from Bangor too ;)

Chris.

Cool! I was there in 2000 (well in Londonderry), with the RCN. I was in the UK getting a submarine and the Canadian government sent us to N Ireland for Battle of the Atlantic parade. I was given permission to go to Bangor on leave. Had a great time( and a few wets!). have a great day Chris. Cheers Pete

The Battle of the Atlantic parade ! that must have been pretty good . Glad you enjoyed Bangor ,its a great little town ,some good watering holes ;D spent many a night there in my ...errr younger days .Im usually in Bangor about once a week ...not the pubs tho' :(

Chris.

lol, hey chris whats that big ass rusty tank with the turrets, It looks huge

Hi Spud ,Im not sure mate .Its a big Russin jobby ,but Im not up on Russin stuff ...I'll find out for you tho' ;)

Chris.

I didnt forget ;) Its a Russian T-35 and its an ICM kit :)

Chris.

Great pics Chris! Looks like it was a fun time!! Thanks for posting!! ;)

haha good man chris looks like a beast with lost of potential

Latest posts

Back