Nordland Amps Evolution Event June 2011

TRM

The show was great!!! First I would like to throw my thanks out to Steve Reid from Celticwerks.com and the guys from Nordland AMPS for bringing together this extraordinary event and supplying a great little "sinkie wedgy" (below)! I would also like to thank Joe Farina From Farina Enterprises for supplying some really nice bases and his time on demonstrating techniques for applying paint to them, Thanks to Iain from AK Interactive for Taking his time and supplying the materials to work on weathering techniques on the sinkies provided. Alpenflage Hobbies And last but not certainly least Rob Ferreira from Scratchmod.com and the people from German Heritage Club in Pawtucket R.I. For supplying a great place to have the event and the totally awesome meal!!! Way to go Ladies, the food alone was worth the price of admission.

I was so consumed with the demo and talking with new and old friends that I kept forgetting to pick the camera up and snap some shots....but here are a few....

Here is Joe Farina explaining the painting techniques of his bases. Note the white bases on the table before we started!

1%252520006.jpg

Some of Joe's personal work...

1%252520016.jpg

Some of the guys and girl (hi Kristen!) diligently working away....

1%252520021.jpg

1%252520022.jpg

1%252520023.jpg

Here Iain explaining the techniques for weathering on the sinkies using AK products....

1%252520019.jpg

Oh yeah!!!! The Meal....I think I mentioned how great this was!!!!

1%252520009.jpg

Rob, Iain and Joe had some great pieces displayed, I was humbled just to be able to have my 89 Ford just sitting on the table...

1%252520012.jpg

My base, not completed yet but I was amazed at the ease and how quickly you begin to see results after a couple hours of....well, FUN....

1%252520028.jpg1%252520024.jpg

My version of the sinkie...went a little overboard but wanted to try all the techniques right then...

1%252520025.jpg

It was a truly great event. I hope to see more events like this in the future. This is a great way for people to get together and get the "hands on" approach to techniques used.

Thanks to all the people that helped create this incredible event!!!

TRM,

It looks like it was a Blast !! Wish I lived closer ! The Venue looks like it was Perfect !!

Seems like th Turn out was Spot-On !! That Lunch ... looks Right on time !! YUM !

What a Great Way to spend a Saturday !!! Thanx for sharing th Pix !!

CHEERS !!! ;D

Good times Erik! All the people that were involed with putting the show together worked extremely hard and pulled it off flawlessly. Possibly in the future there might have been some thought to a traveling version of the workshop. Truly an excellent idea and oh yeah, a great way to spend a Saturday!!!! ;D

Looks like you had a blast! Very Cool!!! Having fun and learning some new techniques. Priceless.

That it was CT! I hope to see many more events pop up all over like this. Truly a great way to relax and learn amongst fellow modelers. ;)

Latest posts

Back