Noob viper mkII

Valdez

Hi guys

I went last Sunday on kind of convention, wargames stuff. I walked around and was thinking (happens... even if it is painful) "What am I doing here? I do not have time or money to paint this whole armies, and play games. I am such a no life I do not even know there is a gaming club in my town... " and then I have seen than on one of the stands they got this Viper MKII lying for 18 quids. Well long story short I got the kit for 16 and decided that I will give a try to a proper models.

So this will be a log of struggling with a proper model first time in a long long time. Last time I build a scale model it was when I was at beginning of primary school, like 20 or more years ago. And that was some crap Russian kits.

As I have no experience in this kind of kits please help me to go trough it. I know I should wash parts first, then check them before gluing, then fill the gaps and sand them. What grade of sanding paper I should grab? I think I have a sheet of 2000.

I would love to have an option to put him on stands or in flight mode. I could magnetise the landing pads, but how to install flaps? Two sets to swap in some way, or maybe the open one but on some hinges to be able to shut them?

I would like to go for this kind of "after battle" look.
IMG_20140304_140148_060_zpsaf32c7ae.jpg

Hey there, I just finished this model (just came to post a gallery). Its actually a very good model to start on, without a lot of problems and issues going together. I'll post a full gallery you can see the steps I went through to get this built, hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back