Nightingale MSN-04II RE100 Gundam - Bandai

WebbyNZ

Ok, so here is the build, done after work over a week and a full Sunday.
Lots of parts, from small to gigantic. Certainly get a lot of plastic for your money.
It is the first of Bandai's Re100 range that will feature simpler kits that have previously only being in their simpler, smaller HG range, if at all. By leaving out some of the detail and inner structure of the 1/100 MG range they can offer kits this size for a fair price.
I have only 'snapped' the kit together at this point, next will be some dismantling, cleanup and paint.

(click on image for larger pic)

Here is the kit, and a normal 1/100 Mg box alongside

Lots of parts here (bottom row) assemble to 3 parts (top row). One of the reasons to assemble before paint.

1 foot done, and a cotton bud for scale. I now start wondering where I am gonna store this thing.

Foot/knee assembled and there are still all these pieces left :-/

Waist section with tail? and .... appendage :-/

Here you can see the imperfections that come from injecting this much plastic in red, in one go. Another reason for some paint.

2 legs and a waist

Legs and waist meet side and front skirts. The 'appendage' is quite prominent here. The tail also has to have a stand.

Torso section assembled, there is space in there for a Gundam led that gets rediredted up the neck hole

Attached to lower sections the depth of this kit becomes apparent, big shelf will be needed.

and turn to the front

The bags and part-less trees pile up

Lil weee demonic looking head, clear parts direct light to a mono eye in there

Head attached

Now the wonder that is Bandai's hands. They never cease to amaze.

Couple of twists and you have this

And then you have a fully articulated hand.

Hand, meet arms

Its alive, or at least assembled, or is it

Nope, still all these pieces left.

'Fin Funnels' done

Thats an impressive wingspan.

6 parts just in this gun

Almost as many in the shield.

Because of the mount for his beam axe

Which has 3 clear effect parts

And it is done, it certainly is an impressive figure that has required a new shelf in the cave display cabinet be cleared of stash overflow so he has the room he needs.

Some decals/stickers to applied after the repaint are all that remains.

Assembly guide shows it cleaned up and panel lined, certainly makes a difference.

Finally a pic of it in action against the recently released (in 1/100) Hi-Nu ver Ka
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeeq9BGQx5M[/youtube]

Ok
Long time no update but progress has been done offline.

Dis-assembly begins with the red parts.

Not much left after that :-/

Panel and edge shading done.

Some parts just look better w paint, even like this

Quick sad for some budget modulation :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYJUywl7CFw

The black AK primer used comes off nice and easy with a fine grit wet sand

First coat of red over the top. Im liking the metallic flake, but will need more coats.

Coming together nicely, but wish I had not used Tamiya rattle cans, the smell gets to ya after all this time using acrylics.

Tried a new 'artists' clear coat, sadly it does nothing good for the metallic finish

Time for the ??? fuel cells? lots of Tamiya white glue here before the squeeze

The squeeze fills most of the seam

Quick coat of automotive grey primer and a sand, smooths out and fills any remaining surfaces.

Just to make sure everything stays filled i went over with Mr Surfacer

also had to mask the clear parts that channel light from the torso to the eye before painting

The dark grey parts all get a coating of black primer

Yellow parts were separated, gonna be fun putting all them back in the right boosters

Gunmetal from Ammo gives a nice look to the formerly dark grey parts

Reassembly underway

Waist section, this is to make sure no parts need to be cleaned of paint before final assembly.

Yellow parts stand ready for painting

White primer to soften the very 'toy' yellow colour while not drowning it out completely

Then it was some steel

Then clear orange, and a very light clear blue in the edges

So much better than the OOB grey and yellow

Decals on

All it needs now is the panel lines give a final once over and a protective coat.

Ok, once finished this thing is a Nightmare to move around, legs etc love falling out, he had taken a dive a couple of times now, luckily only 1 required glue to repair and it was out of sight.
He is settled in the display cabinet with his buddies.

IMG_3732_zps36dbc228.jpg

Bad cellphone pic of Gundams completed in 2014. Not sure where im gonna put the Neo Zeong when I build that
20150103_174339.jpg
images

That Neo Zeong is a beast. One of the reasons I won't buy it, just where do you put something that large....

Well done on the Nightingale

Latest posts

Back