Next Project

ScarredKustoms

Whatcha building!?
While waiting for things to dry on my VW Rat http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,1745.0.html I started looking through some of my stash and pulled out a 1/12 1939 Cord 812 that I picked up at a garage sale... someone started building it and made quite a mess of it.

Photo0216.jpg

Anyway after looking it over I went ahead and cut it up. And decided I would build another rat rod.

Photo0218.jpg

But the whole reason this post is in this section (and after trolling 'You're so spaced out!" is what I wanna do with the other parts ... they are just aching to be made into a retro space craft or some kind of other worldly contraption ...

Photo0219.jpg

What do you guys think?

I almost wanna start building it now ...

Fell in love with rat rods about 5 years ago. Before that I remembered seeing them in the old movies but never thought much about it until a friend showed me a youtube video of a Dodge, early1940's pick up turned rat rod....I feel in love :p
Can't wait to see yours..

Could be fun. Kind of like when ZZTop had the "Eliminator" reborn as the "Afterburner"

Or maybe something from Star Wars in the first few episodes, maybe a sky car......

I have loved Rat Rods before they had a name ... I remember searching ebay ... on dail up :-X ... and you could buy a basket case of a car for a couple hundred dollars ... now you can't find anything for under a a couple grand that is worth putting any time into... anyway ... going to build a model one out of the Cord ... and here is what I came up with the base shape for a space craft.

Photo0221.jpg

thinking about making the whole thing look like it was repaired many times with riveted panels. Started to layout some panel ideas. Never done rivets tho ... will have to find a tut.

Photo0223.jpg

I do like the idea of building a space car ... I have enough parts maybe I'll do one of those too ... lol

Awesome thanks Grendels I had seen the second video ... tried it and wasn't convinced of the results ... First video looks way better ... and I have some of those needles and larger from doing piercings ... lol

Drag space ship is an sweet idea ... that would rock(et) ... :-\

Latest posts

Back