New WIP: 1/32 Hasegawa P-40K, SAAF, 2Sqn, 1943

Myke said:
I like that you spray the interior, really gives depth and dimension to canopies.

Yeah, I've not done it before. I'm anxious to see it unmasked since you will be able to see that there's actually glass between the two colors. Should certainly give it depth like you say.

Chris S said:
Why on erath did they make that whole section out of clear ??? doesnt make sense that one ! Rest of the build is looking tops tho' ...nice work :)

Chris.
I really have no idea. I was thrilled to not have to deal with the typical windscreen to fuselage joint, but all that excitement went out the window when I realized what a mess it was going to be to make the seams acceptable to me. Oh well, makes us better modelers right?

amateurmodeler said:
yikes, i do not envy you my friend. my hat is off to you for even trying to fix those canopy seams
I have a hard time letting things go as "good enough" it seems. The seams were actually not really all that bad, but I knew it could be better. Sometimes that attitude can create more trouble than it's worth. (see photos above :mad:)

Tanker52 said:
Outstanding build and excellant attention to the details. The layout and format of your build log is top notch.
Thanks Tanker. I've learned tons from watching other peoples builds, so I hope someone will pick up a trick or two from mine or even help me out from time to time.

Wow! Well done! I am having an awful time with a clear cowl in my Trump dauntless kit. How did you scribe the line and do the rivets so well?

Bladerunner, I put the answer to your question in the images below. LMK if I can answer any more questions about it.

Here's the latest.

UUNRt.jpg

EAFFP.jpg

KKNk3.jpg

vO7pI.jpg

Mu8ff.jpg

k5H5x.jpg

Up next, with all the fuselage work done now, I can finally put wings on this bird!

Lovely neat work :) and a great explanation of how to do it ,looking forward to the wings going on .

Chris.

Well, here ya go then Chris!

(the upper wings halves anyway)

2JSME.jpg

52a7C.jpg

Sorry the text is so small in the top picture. Due to the format of this site, the text is almost too small to read. I'll see if I can redo it with a bit bigger text so ya'll can read it.

You got a good result there !!! dont worry about the text the pics tell the story ;)

Chris.

Thanks guys!

Here's the above pic with larger text. Wish this forum would let you edit photos longer than an hour or whatever it is. Oh well....
zFUJd.jpg

WOW! You have an eye for meticulous detail. Very professional job on the captions
of your post. Looking forward to seeing more................Bill.

She's looking mighty fine !!! ...nice use of the spare decals too ,cant wait to see this one done :)

Chris.

And here's the latest update and where I'm at now. There's a bit of progress shots that I've held back that show the exterior paint weathering process, which I'll post once I'm more ready for a final reveal.

beCLT.jpg
kQM0s.jpg
dxJQa.jpg
3LeXk.jpg
YyLlW.jpg

:eek: wow :eek:

Fantastic work Blunce. Looking forward to the full reveal.

Latest posts

Back