New to this forum, but not in the hobby :D

TDA

Hi there,
My name is Steffen and I'm 24 an from Denmark. I work as a freelance miniature painter for 9K painting, the only Danish professional painting service in Denmark and also studies webdesign.

I am known on a series of other fora's under the name the d a m n e d artificer, but due to a certain word being blocked on this forum I'll go under the name TDA instead as not to offend anyone :p

I usually only deal in 28mm miniatures these days, but started out building and painting model aircraft when I was 12 and have occasionally ventured that way since, so I might end up posting some of it here :)

That's it guys, I'll be around :)

Cheers!

Hmm Americans and Canadians have a funny way of viewing words us Europeans use every day as a curse.

Any how welcome TDA great to have an other figure guy here, mabe you can teach us some tricks, looking forward to seeing your work.

Thanks mate :D
Yeah they do don't they, they should give the Oxford dictionary a look ;)

Well I have an extensive collection of threads over at warseer.com but I think this forum will primarily be utilized for single miniature projects as it would take ages to transfer the massive amounts of posts here, so I might link my warsee threads in my profile once I get the time :)

Welcome.

As far as the word censor, I'm pretty sure that if a nine year old kid, whether he was in Denmark/Ireland/Canada/America, looked at his his mother and asked where his Dam-ned supper was, he would get the same stern look and lecture about using that word in that context. No?

It has nothing to do with country of origin, or the Oxford Dictionary. It's about Scotts' idea of keeping the site here fairly kid friendly for both the younger members, as well as their parents who may be watching over their shoulders.

I work in construction, I drop F-bombs all day long. Just because I use it everyday, it certainly doesn't make it appropriate here.

Thanks Ken :)

I get why the censure is there and I don't have a problem with it, I just found it a bit peculiar that it's censured as I haven't stumbled across that anywhere else :)
The oxford dictionary remark was meant as a joke in good fun and not intended to offend anyone.

The meaning of of the word in my original screen name is meant as a reference to the dark mechanicum from the warhammer 40k universe, and the fact that I am generally considered to be a bit of a lost cause (condemned to go hobby crazy if you may) as I get really carried away in my hobby projects.

No worries, I just figured I'd explain it in case others wondered the same thing.

...and there's nothing wrong with getting carried away with hobby projects, sometimes that leads to the best finishes. 8)

Ken Abrams said:
No worries, I just figured I'd explain it in case others wondered the same thing.

...and there's nothing wrong with getting carried away with hobby projects, sometimes that leads to the best finishes. 8)

Ahh, cool :)

Hehehe that's not what my girlfriend says, she tries her best to stop me from getting carried away XD I personaly agree with you though :p

Latest posts

Back