New old guy from Missouri

MoRon

Recovered enough to start building again. Looking for friendly advice. I've received the first prices of my 1/4 Scale YZR M1. So the adventure begins !

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_170917_212.jpg
    IMG_20220909_170917_212.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 3
Welcome Aboard !

1/4 scale bike , Zow , looking forward to some photos .

I know . That's what grabbed me .. I only get a few pieces a month so I have plenty of time to detail it. I saw videos of a guy detailing it and I like some of what he did. I have the front tire and he scuffed and sprayed it with something but I don't know what. So I think I should wash it and scuff it. It is rubber so what do I paint it with?IMG_20220909_174105.jpg

OMG , gigantic .
I don't think you need to paint them , do you ?
You remember what video ?

I think his name is Jenic. He does good work but I don't understand Oriental dialects. So alot is lost to me. I understand scuffing the mold lines out. Maybe he's just dusting them off and I'm over analyzing it. That's a weakness of mine. This thing is rather pricey and I don't want to mess it up but I'm also a detail fan.
Wife's calling I'll be back!

I'll rig up a jig for my drill to spin the tires in the proper direction to scuff them. Sounds good in theory anyway. I'll save the fairing and do all the body coverage at the same time. In the mean time I have a 2005 AMT 1/28th model of a 1969 Mach1 Mustang, so I'll see you over in cars!

Recovered enough to start building again. Looking for friendly advice. I've received the first prices of my 1/4 Scale YZR M1. So the adventure begins !
Hi and welcome. Looking forward to seeing the build.
Irishvic/Pantherman

Latest posts

Back