Trev

Hi just wanted to say Hi just registered great to be a new member I mostly do oo or 1/72 scale models but find that at this time I am into scenery so hopefully some of you may be able to give me some advice cheers for now Regards Trev

Hi just wanted to say Hi just registered great to be a new member I mostly do oo or 1/72 scale models but find that at this time I am into scenery so hopefully some of you may be able to give me some advice cheers for now Regards Trev
Hi Trev, great forum with loads of advice and encouragement, maybe a little criticism at times but it all helps to become a better modeler. Looking forward to seeing your work.
Pantherman

Welcome to the Herd, Trev! I look forward to seeing your builds. Do you have favorite subjects in 1/72, like armor, or aircraft, etc?

Best regards,
Brad

Hi thanks for your kind words and wishes if I can work out how to upload download things I will try to post pictures I am not what's called a tech guy have to ask Grandchildren. Just shows my age. Did manage to sell a model of a canal for charity for a work colleague which went to the USA but I must be completely honest iam really only an enthusiastic amateur, and that's the truth! anyway glad to hear from you all. cheers Trev

Sorry forgot to say My favourite thing at moment is scenery but iam in middle of painting model Roman figures and making an old fort will try and put some photos Regards Trev

Posting photos here is easy .
Just click on the picture icon between the chain link and the smiley . , then click on Drop Image or click here .
You can upload photos to the site directly from your computer or device .
You can also add photos into the post using a photo's web address by clicking the chain link icon in that same window .

Thanks the baron for letting me know I will try and show some more pics and maybe get some advice where I may improve every bit of help (or critic is useful) it's how we get better I started late in life but enjoying the challenges cheers Trev

Hi this is just an experiment to see if iam doing things right hopefully it works it's a relatively early mode and hopefully iam learning new techneics all the time cheers Trev
View attachment 94078
Welcome aboard, my, my you are going to be worth keeping as this work looks good enough to use for mapreading training. John

I like your trees! They look accurate
Nice water effects as well...who dug the trench right in the middle of the road???. Laugh out loud
Nice to have you on the board
Cheers

Hi Thanks for the very kind remarks yes it does look slightly odd but my wife bless her says I take up to much space so had to make it modular lol cheers for now Trev

Forgot to mention iam now using sea foam and what a difference it makes will try and post a pic Does anyone else use this material??

Hi this is the canal that I made far a work colleague who's daughter has a rare medical condition iam NOT trying to be big headed as there a lot I could have improved upon this was first time using back seen and I did replace German infantry with a horse and mañana also put stained wood around base hope you like it and and advice on improvements welcome Cheers Trev
IMG_20210228_171608.jpg

Forgot to mention iam now using sea foam and what a difference it makes will try and post a pic Does anyone else use this material??
What exactly ?
.... I know you're not talking about the engine treatment ,, or the dissolved organic matter in the surf at the beach ...

Yeah, I don't really know what you mean, either. Is it like insulation foam sheeting? I use that for groundwork. You can cut it OK, thought a hot knife works best. It works well as a core for groundwork, over which you can apply putty, spackle, grout, wood putty (my favorite).

Latest posts

Back