New Member New Bedford Whaler

Dartagnan

I've never been into the whole blogging or joining and posting on forums, I don't even use any social medias, but I have been interested in putting up pictures of the stuff I enjoy doing. I guess it's mostly for documentation but SMA has always been helpful for me and I imagine many others, I first learned about this community through the Scott's youtube channel.

So I broke my camera and my IPhone was the only real way to document my work and none of my Windows machines wanted to download ITunes to let me access my phones storage from the PC. I just bought myself a new laptop and I'm really happy with its performance and specs especially for playing games my old laptop turned into slideshows. So this machine, finally, is one that cooperates with the Itunes install and will let me upload my work progress.

Like I said I'm sort of new to the whole forum posting stuff but this looked like the most appropriate place to post. I've been modeling on and off in my life for a total of about three years starting with Warhammer and Dungeons and Dragons figures, right now the more complex building of plastic model kits are suiting me a little better as well as my wallet. I thought i would start off on this forum by sharing some work in progress I've collected over May and June of this Academy, 1/200th New Bedford Whaler -Circa 1835- This is my first build of any type of ship model, I got carried away with building, test fitting, gluing until I realized how hard it was going to be to paint after putting all of these pieces in my way. I knew i was going to mess something up on this ship so it's a good thing i didn't choose a more expensive model. Anyway I've already done a good portion of painting and some parts were a little more difficult to get to than others but it's definately doable.

If anyone has advice about using the forum or about the whaling ship don't hesitate because I'm open for anything. Also I wasn't sure all the info i should include in this so if you have any questions about the model or what I've done or am going to with it let me know all of the available feedback is welcome and very appreciated.

I went with a similar paint scheme to the box art and i also snapped the rod that goes on the nose of the ship and holds some rigging, so I'm going to have to figure out how I will securely re attach that piece. Let me know what you think, thanks
-Stophe

Hi Stophe. Welcome to the herd.

A little bit of CA should reattach that bow sprint. If not, you could make a new one from some round styrene stock.

Jim

Latest posts

Back