New guy old tanks

That it is spud ;)

Nice builds Pete ,very nice :)

Chris.

Hey Freak !!

Great Lookin Cats !! Both are excellant !! I too did th Berge Panther mit Pz IV Turret & I have th Ersatz in th Stash . Great Job

@SPUD - That Berge mit Pz. VI Turret is a Rare Kitty Check this
- http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,1794.msg15916.html#msg15916 - The Panther was built for the XO ( second in command) of the 653rd. s.Pz.Jgr.Abtl. it was a one-off . The Bolted a Pz. IV G turret on to an obsolete Berge Panther D. It was built in June of '44 & was lost sometime around Poland '44. It's documented in Karl-Heinz Munch's book - Combat History of the 653rd.

wow thats neat i never seen it before, your track on your one is pretty cool btw

Welcome to SMA! Great stuff indeed. Just had a look at your aircraft and armor builds. I see we have similar tastes. Im a little baffled by the tnak in the last 2 pics, never seen that before, loks liek some type of American tank built on a panther chassis... What is it?

They were made to look like American M-10 AT guns. To infiltrate Allieds lines!

What puzzles me a little is the other Dragon panther kit!

I still don't quite understand why the Called it Berge Panther MIT pzr IV turm. When it would have made more sense to just call it Panther Ausf D1 with PzKpfw IV Ausf H turret. Like in all books I have!

Anyway! Just an observation! The other pictures with the articulated suspension is off the Chart!
Super kool!

To me a bergepanther is a recovery vehicle! That's why I questioned it! Nothing more!

bergev.jpg

Later, Norm.

NORM,

When the 1st. Berge Panthers hit th battlefield they looked nothing like the one you posted. The 1st. ones were merely converted Panther D's. They placed a Circular Wooden Deck in place of the Turret & it didn;'t have the Wench or the Rear Plow. The 653rd was issued with 2 . Since They couldn't recover the Ferdinands They were deemed Obsolete. So they took one of them & bolted th Pz. IV G turret & th other They placed a Quad Flak-vierling on it.

The picture that you have posted looks like it's a Berge Panther A & later They went to a G chassis for th same Berge .

I guess Cyberhobby/Dragon was trying to shorten th name - mit in German = with .

@ CARSENAULT - That Ersatz Panther was a mock up that th German's used during th Battle of th Bulge & like Schweinhund mentioned, They used a few of these to try & infiltrate th American's line & They wanted it to look like an M-10 Tank Destroyer. They also did a mock up of a couple of STUG III G's in hopes that , from a distance, it would look like a Sherman ??? .

Sorry Freak ... wasn't tryin to Hi-jack th Thread.

I dig your Panthers !! Great Job !!!

Latest posts

Back