Neo's 1/48A-7E

Neo

What do you mean i'm addicted to Airplanes!
Reaction score
Wll here we are this year in time for the start!!!!

Decided on a Hasegawa 1/48 A-7E with eduard etch partial seamless sucker(not sure if i will use it) and some superscale decals.

this is my fist time building this kit and i hope its fun !!

It will alos be my 2nd Airbrused model so i cant wait !

PS sorry about pic quality camera is running on low batteries

Cheers

Neo

ShutterAce

Reaction score
Looking forward to it Neo. I have the A-7D kit. One of my favorite propless jobs. ;)

Grendels

Reaction score
Will be watching, I built up A-7 last year I think, much smaller scale than this.

Glorfindel

Reaction score
Neo that's sweet. Love the AM stuff you picked up too. I really want to see this come together.

Neo

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

well i better make this the best looking A-7 you ever saw as my GF told me she not going to get me my Badger Krome for my Bday like suppposed to since she says im probably going to win one here!!! I dont know if its confidence or that she trying to save some $$ but a man gotto do what a man gotto do !!

Paid my entry fee last night and started making room for the Aires tub (i have a partial aires pit mightas well use it)

Cheers

Neo

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
Reaction score
That's something you got to do neo... something like a deal with your Gf.

wish you luck!

Neo

Reaction score
OK update time

had tons of trouble with the seamless intake witch i had to rip out !!

Then i messed up the kit intake paint job (lukely i had a spare intake) hey 3rd time is the charm!!! its going to get a last light coat of white from my AB

other progress

More to come soon

Cheers

Neo

Neo

Reaction score
Well after many many sets backs i have her almost ready for primer and preshade.. was going to do it tonight but the GF just went to bed and there no way i can use my compressor when that happens!!

Man do i sound like an annoying cry baby !!!!

Pics soon

Cheers

Neo

Solander

Reaction score
The cockpit looks SWEET!
And I pretty much know how it feels buddy - as a rule early-going-to-bad family members are the main reasons for prolonging the build. Especially sad when it is only a layer of future to apply and then fast continue with weathering, 10 minutes of compressor running max, but the silence mode has to be kept.
Anyway, You're going great job, man, keep it coming!

Neo

Reaction score
Thanks Solander !

Finaly some decent progress !! Primed and pre-Shaded. Its all down hill from here !!

this is my first time pre shading and i must say it harder than it looks !! im still new to this airbrushing business (this is my second airbrushed model)

enouph taking here are some pics

Fuse

part forest

Pixel says it look yummy !

Cheers

Neo

TRM

Reaction score
Playing catch up on some builds when I can Jael....outstanding brotha'!! That office looks the part and love the shading!!! Looks like Pixel was doing a little CA taste test again ey? :eek:..................... ;)

Neo

Reaction score
Hey Tod thanks for dropping by !!

Nah Pixel was just showing off when i asked him if he could airbrush he answered can you touch the top of your nose with your tongue !!!

BTW This is how the office looks from less than 10 inches away !

Cheers

Neo

Neo

Reaction score
Alright!!!! update time

2 tone paint is on (I forgot to paint the underside of the wings in white )

Also fixed a little gap on the front canopy

More to come soon

schweinhund227

Reaction score
It is too bad Neo that you've lost most of your Pre-shading..... after painting your Base coat! It would have been Awesome to see some of it come through the paint scheme.... Those birds were as abused as the TomCats in their glory days!

Oh well!

Keep up the good work!

It is coming together quite nicely!

And nice office space/den ! Hard to believe you build in such nice conditions! LOL. You are the envy of many I am sure!

Norm.

adampolo13

Reaction score
Hey Neo your hard work on the intake and the office look great!!! Your dog does look hungry!!! My cats like to eat my models! They like the Props on my B-17, I had it displayed on the top of our piano, that is until the props got chewed up. Anyways, your build is looking fantastic, Keep up the great work!!!

Neo

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

i know know that to keep your pre shade you must go thinner on the coats!! But not to worry Post shade and salt weathering is on its way !!

Cheers

Neo

Neo

Reaction score
Alright paint is mostly done ! ive preped the nose for the blasc anti glare (paiting this hopefully this morning after the misses wakes up)

the coat of future and on to decals !!

Pic comming soon

Neo

Reaction score
Alright anti glare and walkways painted ! i did a little rouph effect on the walkways to mimic the anti skid paint! Also did so patch work with a darker gray randomly on the fuselage

Hope you like it

Cheers

Neo

Grendels

Reaction score
The plane is looking good Neo. The anti skid markings are great!

Latest posts